IGNORED

2014 & '15 Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Are you sure about that?

is this accurate? thought most of the tour's courses were TPC and open to public, provided you had the cash  ---and I thought you needed a member to get you onto Arnie's course.

There are 52 tour events. If you open the attached link you can count 9 TPC courses. Pebble, Torrey Pines, Kapalua and a few others are also open to the public. No, you do not need a member to play Bay Hill, you just need to stay at the Hotel.

I didn't see a link.

Rick, sorry, I meant to post this link to the PGA tour schedule complete with course names.

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/schedule.html

I know many many serious fans of golf who only watch the majors and tournaments in which Tiger is playing (some only watch anything when he's contending).

When Tiger is in the field and playing well, I'm watching every second of it. If he's not playing well, or not in the field, I'm barely watching with any interest. Only other players I enjoy are Stricker and Jason Day. Like it or not, that is the guy that moves the needle. Period.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

When Tiger is in the field and playing well, I'm watching every second of it. If he's not playing well, or not in the field, I'm barely watching with any interest. Only other players I enjoy are Stricker and Jason Day. Like it or not, that is the guy that moves the needle. Period.

I watch golf when I can't play it or don't have family or work obligations.  I'll watch, regardless of whether Tiger is playing, but I'm more interested when Tiger is playing well.  I think Tiger will be the last guy to challenge Jack's record given the amount of parity there seems to be right now in professional golf.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I didn't realize Tiggy has won 8 times at Bay Hill. I knew it was a lot.. but didn't know it was that many. He has to be a favorite this week.

he's not my man-crush for nothin'....

Colin P.

I didn't realize Tiggy has won 8 times at Bay Hill. I knew it was a lot.. but didn't know it was that many. He has to be a favorite this week.

If he was healthy.  Backs always come back (pun intended)

If you can remember, Woods won this event 2 years ago after withdrawing from the WGC Cadillac with an injury. Wouldn't be surprised if he won. He has won 4 of the last 5 at this event.

I watch a lot of golf, but when the big names are at the top of the leaderboard, it does make things more exciting.

And there's certainly no bigger name than Eldrick "Tiger" Tont Woods in golf, and even in sports.

That is just a crazy number. Winning 8 out of 16 times you tee it up against the best in the world at that one venue :bugout: .

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I think Tger has won 7 times at Torrey Pines as well, but he missed the cut there in January. I haven't seen anything out of Tiger yet this season that would make me think he is the favorite to win anywhere.

Bill M

Tiger has been so erratic last few years, I don't know what to expect.

I hope he does well, though, and wins.  I would like to see him get his game in shape for Augusta.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Tiger has been so erratic last few years, I don't know what to expect.

I don't think you can call eight wins and the number one ranking erratic

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Weeeeeelp there goes Tiger. He's officially withdrawn.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I rarely atch when hes not playing.

Weeeeeelp there goes Tiger. He's officially withdrawn.

Wow. Disappointing, but gotta be the right choice.

So no more events for Tiger until Augusta?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Brutal. I'd say the Masters are in doubt too.

That would suck so much. Hopefully he'll be up and ready for Augusta.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Holy crap. What reason given, his back? @colin007 must be in tears!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!