IGNORED

Change the Dang Picture!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Finally have trained myself to automatically flare both feet versus having to remind myself, took about 3 weeks to get it.

Nice.

An instructor I know that teaches a couple tour players said it took one of his guys four months until he flared his feet without having to be reminded.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty natural for me to flare my front foot but unfortunately it also comes naturally for me to turn my back foot in. When I'm just playing along and not thinking about it, and happen to notice it, it's surprising how much I sometimes have it turned in. It would be good for winning a race to the green if nothing else. ;-)

Pretty natural for me to flare my front foot but unfortunately it also comes naturally for me to turn my back foot in. When I'm just playing along and not thinking about it, and happen to notice it, it's surprising how much I sometimes have it turned in.

It would be good for winning a race to the green if nothing else.

Funny, I can almost do the opposite, flare it out too much, catch myself sometimes.

Mike McLoughlin

This video is my new inspiration. To see a pro practicing like this is very, very cool.

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

I signed up with Evolvr about two weeks ago and Stephan is who I'm working with as well. He also recommended doing this in slow motion. To get my feel on the back swing I really slow it down now even when I'm playing. It's hard to notice for most people but my backswing was way faster before. Every night I've been doing the back swing drills that both Iacas and Stephan suggested (using a ball as well as a strap). It's already gotten so ingraned that I can't keep the strap tight enough in my backswing! It's definately worked well and helped alot. Just so everyone knows what I was talking about with my backswing is that I was pulling my arms kind of back and not keeping them in front of my chest in the back swing. My right elbow would not stay down towards my ribs.... Anyway, I'm going to post my new and improved (after Evolvr) swing in my thread tonight probably. Saturday will be the first I will have used it onthe course so I'm pretty excited...

I signed up with Evolvr about two weeks ago and Stephan is who I'm working with as well. He also recommended doing this in slow motion. To get my feel on the back swing I really slow it down now even when I'm playing. It's hard to notice for most people but my backswing was way faster before.

Every night I've been doing the back swing drills that both Iacas and Stephan suggested (using a ball as well as a strap). It's already gotten so ingraned that I can't keep the strap tight enough in my backswing! It's definately worked well and helped alot.

Just so everyone knows what I was talking about with my backswing is that I was pulling my arms kind of back and not keeping them in front of my chest in the back swing. My right elbow would not stay down towards my ribs....

Anyway, I'm going to post my new and improved (after Evolvr) swing in my thread tonight probably. Saturday will be the first I will have used it onthe course so I'm pretty excited...

What's this "strap" that you're referring to?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Every night I've been doing the back swing drills that both Iacas and Stephan suggested (using a ball as well as a strap). It's already gotten so ingraned that I can't keep the strap tight enough in my backswing! It's definately worked well and helped alot.

Nice work with the practice. Just want to double check, you're not using a golf ball in your arm pits are you? I would recommend a tee or nerf ball / Crush It , could get hurt using a golf ball.

Mike McLoughlin

Sorry guys I meant the plastic 2 dollar ball you can get from Walmart. I hold it between my elbows to keep them together. The strap is cool. I found it at Dicks. Its made by Callaway for both your swing and putting.

Sorry guys I meant the plastic 2 dollar ball you can get from Walmart. I hold it between my elbows to keep them together. The strap is cool. I found it at Dicks. Its made by Callaway for both your swing and putting.

I've used a Nerf ball for that drill.  As for the arm pits, I have tried pulling my shirt up into that area instead of using tees or a towel. There was a PGA Pro would would do this on course if I remember.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I signed up with Evolvr about two weeks ago and Stephan is who I'm working with as well. He also recommended doing this in slow motion. To get my feel on the back swing I really slow it down now even when I'm playing. It's hard to notice for most people but my backswing was way faster before.

Just so everyone knows what I was talking about with my backswing is that I was pulling my arms kind of back and not keeping them in front of my chest in the back swing. My right elbow would not stay down towards my ribs....

Anyway, I'm going to post my new and improved (after Evolvr) swing in my thread tonight probably. Saturday will be the first I will have used it onthe course so I'm pretty excited...

After reading your post a few days ago, I bought a ball for this drill anticipating this is something I'll need to work on in the future. Sure enough, I just got back my evolvr lesson today and guess what the drill was? Yep, ball between the arms! :-D

Did Stephan tell you to add the strap or did you do that on your own? It just so happens I have one of those Calloway straps collecting dust somewhere in my basement.

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

No I just added the strap myself BC its helpful for my putting stroke as well.

Might be a bit OT, but I'm not a big fan of straps. You need to learn the proper feel to keep your elbows together. Using the strap restricts the separation, but you're likely to revert to your original motion once you take the thing off.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Might be a bit OT, but I'm not a big fan of straps. You need to learn the proper feel to keep your elbows together. Using the strap restricts the separation, but you're likely to revert to your original motion once you take the thing off.

I agree. The ball between the elbows forces you to squeeze them together but the strap can actually allow you to push against them. You'll get great results with the strap on because your elbows can't separate but that may actually work against you once the strap is off. I suppose that as long as you are very conscious of this difference you'll be alright but just be careful you aren't training yourself to have outward pressure in your elbows with the strap. I'd stick with a ball.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The straps can help for some but I tend to prefer tees in the arm pits, you can still get good feedback making a "full" swing and develop some good feels.

Mike McLoughlin

Ball between the elbows to keep relationship of elbows constant through entire swing?  Just curious about this becuase my last lesson says otherswise.

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

The straps can help for some but I tend to prefer tees in the arm pits, you can still get good feedback making a "full" swing and develop some good feels.

My issue with the tees is that even when I'm overswinging they don't go anywhere, not going to guess why but it just doesn't seem to ever helped me.. Most likely because I never did it right I don't know.. I tried the ball drill as well and I think it helped me understand the feel but I jus didn't practice it enough.. The issue of changing the picture is so important.. I am basically now going to be sending in practice vids to Stephan so that he can actually see why my picture isn't changing with this piece I have been working on for two months now almost.. Changing the picture probably really needs a lot more practice than what I put in, so I am pledging to put more time! The wife and kids will be away for two weeks later on in the month, so I will be sure to be at the range everyday!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Ball between the elbows to keep relationship of elbows constant through entire swing?  Just curious about this becuase my last lesson says otherswise.

I think it can be useful and give some players a decent idea of how much they need to exaggerate it.

My issue with the tees is that even when I'm overswinging they don't go anywhere, not going to guess why but it just doesn't seem to ever helped me.. Most likely because I never did it right I don't know.. I tried the ball drill as well and I think it helped me understand the feel but I jus didn't practice it enough..

Yeah you tend to "over swing" differently than most. Most guys don't turn enough, then lift and pull the arms part. So the tees gives them the feel they need to use the pivot to "carry" the arms with them in order not to lift.

You can keep the tees under your arms because your tendency is to turn too much and your right arm pressure point "slides" behind you. Just what I recall, haven't seen you swing lately.

Changing the picture probably really needs a lot more practice than what I put in, so I am pledging to put more time! The wife and kids will be away for two weeks later on in the month, so I will be sure to be at the range everyday!

Even if it's 5-10 minutes a day at home, it will help.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 1752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!