IGNORED

breaking the low flight hook off the tee

Note: This thread is 3660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recently, I have started to hit a low hook off the tee. I cant see to break through it after much practice. Even when straightened out it appears as if the ball is having difficulty maintaining height. Looking for some feedback. thanks.

Are you aiming to the right with the ball back in your stance?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you film your swing, it may be easier to see what the issue is.  For me, the low hook with driver indicates I am coming over the top.  I go back to basics and work on making sure my swing path is not out to in at impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have a similar problem, but for me, it's because I tend to shut the club face throughout the swing. There are several factors that contribute to that so if you can, post up a swing and it can be better diagnosed.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I am trying to aim to the  center of the fairway, but I may be leaking more towards the right because of the fear of going left. Been playing ball off my left toes with driver.

Place alignment sticks or two clubs down and form a T. Now line up and make sure were you are lining up is what you are describing here. I've had times were I thought my ball was off the inside of my right foot, but it was at least 2-3 inches closer to the center of my stance. Laying down a few reference points never help.

Other than that, create your own, "My Swing (Fairway20)" thread in the My Swing section, and post a video. All we can do is give you is a guess as to what is happening.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I am trying to aim to the  center of the fairway, but I may be leaking more towards the right because of the fear of going left. Been playing ball off my left toes with driver.

yes exactly what I happen to me . I find that I also been closing my stance as well as ball off the toe gives me a wicked hook.

What i have done is tee the ball higher and try to play of the left heel  as I usually do for the control hook.

Otherwise if I feel my rhythm is not  allowing me to play my usual control hook. I will continue play the ball off the left toe and cut drive the ball and expect to have the ball fade, and just play that ball position for the rest of the day.

Also, make sure you aren't sliding forward during your swing.

you mean his upper torso/head, right?  yeah, thats a tough move to overcome without compensations elsewhere in the swing.

Colin P.

Recently, I have started to hit a low hook off the tee. I cant see to break through it after much practice. Even when straightened out it appears as if the ball is having difficulty maintaining height. Looking for some feedback. thanks.

Like others have said, post a swing up H ERE

Without seeing the swing I'd recommend checking out this video

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

you mean his upper torso/head, right?  yeah, thats a tough move to overcome without compensations elsewhere in the swing.

Yes..

Note: This thread is 3660 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!