IGNORED

My Swing (infoe)

infoe
Note: This thread is 3343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/31JeHIH3sE0[/VIDEO] [/LIST] [/COLOR] I've been Playing Golf for: seriously for two years now My current handicap index or average score is: high 90s My typical ball flight is: erratic but typically straight The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice for driver and bad aimed iron shots that will shoot out left or right but straight. [rule] Videos:

@infoe

Check out this article on filming your swing.  It makes it a lot easier to evaluate.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hello Infoe,

I agree with boogie regarding the camera recording, it will allow everyone to see things much better.

However, from your video the first thing that should be addressed is your posture in my opinion.  Please take a look at the below thread and read it carefully and apply it asap.

The other issue after that is your weight forward, your back foot looks like it lifts up and most likely you aren't getting your weight forward enough, but we'll be able to tell a lot more when we see a Face On View of your swing.

It looks like a fluid swing though, so I think you should be able to fix your erratic directions soon.  Although I don't get how you can have typical straight shot and erratic at the same time, we can address that later :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Thank you both for the reaponses abu3baid. With your two assesments on posture and forward weight transfer the first one that hits more home or rings a bell is forward weight transfer not being sufficient, probably why i rarely take divots. On the posture piece though im not sure what needs to be addressed?

Thank you both for the reaponses abu3baid. With your two assesments on posture and forward weight transfer the first one that hits more home or rings a bell is forward weight transfer not being sufficient, probably why i rarely take divots. On the posture piece though im not sure what needs to be addressed?

Posture doesn't look awful so hard to say but if you get a new video up with the camera angle as per the thread boogie posted then i'm sure you'll be get much better feedback from the the very generous community here. :-)

Henry

Not sure where to ask this so ill ask here. Is the iphone 5s sufficient quality for this forum? Because it can do hd footage and in slow motion. If so i can get a tripod and retry

I can get this and use on golf cart next to me as I swing? Case Star Octopus Style Portable and adjustable Tripod Stand Holder... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007NFJN0I/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_xT6ltb17B3NA6

Not sure where to ask this so ill ask here. Is the iphone 5s sufficient quality for this forum? Because it can do hd footage and in slow motion. If so i can get a tripod and retry

Yes the iPhone 5s works fine, just film the video horizontally rather than vertically and try to get it down the stance line

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I can get this and use on golf cart next to me as I swing? Case Star Octopus Style Portable and adjustable Tripod Stand Holder... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007NFJN0I/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_xT6ltb17B3NA6

Try this. http://thesandtrap.com/t/60448/the-protosports-holster-for-the-iphone

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Try this.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/60448/the-protosports-holster-for-the-iphone

This looks awesome, i'm gonna have to see if i can find something like that or make my own for my galaxy s4. I currently use the gorrila pod mini and attach it to my bag but that things looks much quicker to set up. Also to OP, may i'll be corrected but i think people will prefer to view your swing filmed at as many FPS as possible so use the slow-mo feature. Best of Luck

Henry

Take a look at the thread and you will notice that a good golf posture will usually have a straight lower back with the tail bone slightly tucked in while there will be slight inclination of the upper back and the head will be down looking at the ball straight instead of down the nose.

If you take a look at your posture you will notice the dreaded S curve which from everything I have read will be one of the causes of back issues later on.

Also, try the above to start thinking about your weight forward as most pros have 90%+ of their weight forward by the time they get to impact position.

Good Luck!

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Take a look at the thread and you will notice that a good golf posture will usually have a straight lower back with the tail bone slightly tucked in while there will be slight inclination of the upper back and the head will be down looking at the ball straight instead of down the nose.

If you take a look at your posture you will notice the dreaded S curve which from everything I have read will be one of the causes of back issues later on.

Also, try the above to start thinking about your weight forward as most pros have 90%+ of their weight forward by the time they get to impact position.

Good Luck!

thanks now that you mention it (i'm bad at taking written instruction and visualizing it) I do see how I have my butt out,stomach in and shoulders back...I do see that now...stick in your belly (literally) from the video above looks like a good drill on setting up the proper posture.

So I had the wife snap two pics of me, first one is bad (previous posture, i was actually still sore from my round on Saturday and felt it in my back) and the second one good? felt more natural more a bit like I was about to bend over to pick something up..I tucked the 4 iron into my stomach to practice the (good) posture pose.

Better?

Remember to get that camera angle down the stance line ;-)

Still too much arch in that back. Make it "softer", going to feel like the tailbone is tucked under you.

More like the green line and not the red line.

Mike McLoughlin

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5zboVzOn80[/video] camera angle is still not perfect...I already ordered the protosports holster for iphone and it's on its way. today I practiced posture, one piece or more connected take away and forward weight transfer...

I recorded this in slow mo on the 5s but couldn't figure out how to get it to play in slow mo on pc so I just uploaded after getting tired of trying...

Even though we can't see it, can tell the head is moving too far to your left. Need to have the right shoulder go down longer on the backswing. Check out this video

Mike McLoughlin

So I'm jerry rigging the camera on a chair still, and video 1 is literally my first swing of the practice session. video 4 was one of my last so I was warmed up and focusing on what I was out there practicing on. posture, one piece take away (still needs more work), and forward weight transfer. Forward weight transfer being the main thing on my mind throughout my practice session. Any thoughts or anything jumps out at you that I need to address? Thanks for watching!

Mod: Embedded videos from URLs. Please take the time to do this yourself @infoe .

Note: This thread is 3343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!