IGNORED

My Swing (infoe)

infoe
Note: This thread is 3371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Here are the two pictures which demonstrate the troubling nature the most clearly:

dude you guys are bad ass...how the heck did you even see that from my videos??

Experience. You could tell it was palmy from where it looked like at the top of your backswing. Even though it was almost completely out of frame… :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The second pic is of my left or top hand which now i see was not as important to post as is my right and bottom hand. I do see where the top pic though is palmy and i know now to make sure it feels more on the heel pad

• Administrator
Your top hand is more important. If you're a lefty, your top hand is your right hand.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I feel like I've been able to adjust to all instruction given....posture,hip sway, grip , practicing of weight transfer..but these two drills

http://golf-info-guide.com/video-golf-tips/straight-golf-shots-require-fully-extended-arms-at-impact-video/

I was able to successfully practice both of these drills but transitioning it to my full swing..spelled disaster for my practice session with the longer irons...shorter irons wasnt as bad...felt like i was topping the ball or not releasing my hands at all focusing on arms being straight and ball was shooting out to the left (as a lefty)

I was able to successfully practice both of these drills but transitioning it to my full swing..spelled disaster for my practice session with the longer irons...shorter irons wasnt as bad...felt like i was topping the ball or not releasing my hands at all focusing on arms being straight and ball was shooting out to the left (as a lefty)

I think you're trying to fix something you see rather than fix the cause of the problem. If the hips sway back it makes it pretty darn hard for them to stay "straight". Not saying "straight arms" is a bad drill but don't see it as your priority piece.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

so I just realized my bottom hand (left hand) on my grip was (I dont know the term) but the v was facing the other shoulder...my right shoulder...where as my right hand the v was facing towards the left (stonger grip)  I thought i was supposed to have no open space so i was making my left hand face come over more the top of the club and it was creating a V toward my right shoulder.  Can someone explain to me what this would cause me to do?  could this be a factor as to why I was typically only slicing with my driver?  (I do think my main issue with my driver is my swing plane and coming over the top)

I have a few questions...does my swing plane look very steep? I feel like I have a very steep or straight up backswing and it's causing me to come over the top...should I work on a more level swing plane?

secondly, I still SEE myself but don't feel myself on full swings having bent arms at impact,specifically the lead arm...what can I do to improve this?

Left the practice swing up there from yesterdays practice...the full practice swing through what would be impact the arms are nice and straight...then when there is a ball there the arms bend :(

I have a few questions...does my swing plane look very steep? I feel like I have a very steep or straight up backswing and it's causing me to come over the top...should I work on a more level swing plane?

You have a lot of questions and the start of the solution is the same for all of them. Go back and check out all my previous posts.

I would also recommend Evolvr, it's priced great and the instructors are awesome

http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/

For the grip I basically have both V's pointed at the rear shoulder.

Mike McLoughlin

:( that is a bit open ended to look for the solution. I have read all the previous posts by you as well as watching at all the 5sk youtube videos. I will check them out thank you. Small question on grip while the top hand should point toward rear shoulder. The bottom hand v can go to rear shoulder as well but it can also be a bit neutral and v point towards the center or atraight up correct?

• Administrator
:( that is a bit open ended to look for the solution. I have read all the previous posts by you as well as watching at all the 5sk youtube videos. I will check them out thank you.

I looked back quickly, but aside from some talk about your grip, I think you're still working (or should be working) on this piece. It's not open-ended. It's right there.

Even though we can't see it, can tell the head is moving too far to your left. Need to have the right shoulder go down longer on the backswing. Check out this video

I looked back quickly, but aside from some talk about your grip, I think you're still working (or should be working) on this piece. It's not open-ended. It's right there.

Correct @infoe , work on getting the backswing pivot better, not having the hips move back to the left, and you will see improvements with keeping your arms straighter and reducing the over the top move (steep swing).  And stop looking on youtube for the "answer" ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Correct @infoe , work on getting the backswing pivot better, not having the hips move back to the left, and you will see improvements with keeping your arms straighter and reducing the over the top move (steep swing).  And stop looking on youtube for the "answer" ;-)

+1 on that there is no answer on you tube! I watches so many videos and in the end they all helped me do one thing really.. Regress! Also, +1 on evolvr I am actually enjoying golf now a lot more after 3 months with them!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I'll pitch in too with another big thumbs up for evolvr. Its the best golf instruction I've ever had and like @Abu3baid I too have enjoyed my golf so much more in the month or two I've been a part of evolvr

Henry

Thanks so much. I feel like I had practiced so much and was only getting worse. Once i focused on not "swaying" back and forth and keeping upper body in place I literally had the best practice session of pure shots ever. Btw I had a glove under lead arm as I read it helps to feel connected. I still see some chicken wing there but definitely improved. [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/5oDX67HqWuk[/VIDEO]

Thanks so much. I feel like I had practiced so much and was only getting worse. Once i focused on not "swaying" back and forth and keeping upper body in place I literally had the best practice session of pure shots ever.

Good to hear, you can do it even more :-)

Mike McLoughlin

• 4 weeks later...
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/2qT9MnOtZ-w[/VIDEO] Here i am with a 6i i have a lot of forward shaft lean at address but i was hitting balls super pure. Is that lean ok?

Here i am with a 6i i have a lot of forward shaft lean at address but i was hitting balls super pure. Is that lean ok?

Dude, you need some serious Lighting, vid was really dark.

Note: This thread is 3371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!