IGNORED

My Swing (fletch88)

fletch88
Note: This thread is 3650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry I meant right foot to the right got a little confused.

Yes it will help but it won't automatically "fix" things.Turn more, get the arms deeper. By the time your left arm is parallel to the ground on the backswing, be turned about 80-90 degrees. Like the video illustrates, like these guys.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So you are talking about turning back further on the backswing? Also what do u mean by the hands being deeper? What would an immediate fix to make the ball draw more.

So you are talking about turning back further on the backswing? Also what do u mean by the hands being deeper? What would an immediate fix to make the ball draw more.

Did you watch the video? It doesn't seem like you have. If you have, then you need to watch it again and maybe jot down the key points.

Here's what I mean by deeper hands, this with the pivot would be the fix to get you to draw the ball. Note the difference in the amount of turn in the two pictures. More you turn, more depth you can create, easier to swing out to the right.

Mike McLoughlin

I am still confused about what deep hands means. Could you go into a little further depth please. Thanks so much I am starting to get the moves I need to make.

I am still confused about what deep hands means. Could you go into a little further depth please. Thanks so much I am starting to get the moves I need to make.

I think what Mike is saying is that you need to Turn, as in when your arms are level with the ground, you should have completed a 90 degree turn, which would place your hands further back, and a tad higher than what your pic shows. Look at the last pic's Mike posted, the guy on the right has his hands on his right side it seems, yours are in the middle of your chest, so they need to go further back, i.e more shoulder turn.

Just try and mimic the guy on the right..

Thanks @Hammer 4

@fletch88 , after 15 posts if a user doesn't upload an avatar pic we do it for him. Hope you like yours ;-) You can change it anytime you want.

Mike McLoughlin

What you guys are saying is that it is not a downswing problem but it is a back swing problem of not getting enough turn back. If I turn back further then on the downswing it will free up room to turn through. Thanks!

What you guys are saying is that it is not a downswing problem but it is a back swing problem of not getting enough turn back. If I turn back further then on the downswing it will free up room to turn through.

Thanks!

Yes more "room" to swing OUTward.

Mike McLoughlin

I read on another forum that the right foot should be square. How do I get more power because I am not hitting the ball far at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have struggle with this for a long time. Thanks

• Administrator
I read on another forum that the right foot should be square. How do I get more power because I am not hitting the ball far at all.

Squaring the foot reduces ability of hips to turn which reduces power typically.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I read on another forum that the right foot should be square. How do I get more power because I am not hitting the ball far at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have struggle with this for a long time.

Thanks

I don't think ..uh, never mind, Erik beat me to it.lol

Ok so swing thoughts should be right foot out turn shoulders back further then move hands deeper. Then that will clear the hands and the ball will draw and go into the hole everytime?

Ok so swing thoughts should be right foot out turn shoulders back further then move hands deeper. Then that will clear the hands and the ball will draw and go into the hole everytime?

To be clear, both feet should be turned out. Right foot being turned out will help you turn more, turning more helps get the hands deeper. Having said that, you should still feel that you turn more early. Again try to get to 90 degrees by the time the left arm is parallel to the ground.

Mike McLoughlin

I went to the range this morning and applied the right foot out and more shoulder turn and then I started making solid contact but it was more of a push and then flare right. It feels like the club face is open. It also feels like I am falling back and my chips are going off the hozel.

Note: This thread is 3650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!