IGNORED

Tipping the Beer Cart girl

soup
Note: This thread is 3797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by WUTiger

Hopefully you don't flirt with the cart girl and slow down sales when there's a line of people waiting for drinks. Golf's sugar daddies are bad about that.

+1

I feel like I have seen this hundreds of times.  WTF do these old fat guys need to stand around and chat this girl up for.  She is trying to be nice for the tips and they use her as a captive audience for their bad jokes or bull.  I can't believe how many guys sit there at a restaurant like "dude, think the waitress likes me / likes you?"  The answer to this is always no, man, she is working for tips.  These women don't need to be hit on constantly, I'm sure it gets old.

Remarkably enough, it always changes the mood of the group when the girl shows up in the cart - time and time again, I watch three people who were hacking wormburners and cussing through another round in the heat suddenly light up like Johnny Carson walked out of the trees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WUTiger View Post

Aren't you an enlightened, and condescending, young high-roller.

??? He's just someone with enough social graces to know how much a tip should be. (Although I agree cuteness shouldn't factor into it, even though it usually does.)

Quote:

Hopefully you don't flirt with the cart girl and slow down sales when there's a line of people waiting for drinks.

That's certainly boorish and annoying behavior, but what does it have to do with soup's post about tipping properly?

Quote:

You could have spared us your sanctimonious rant and just written your final line, which I boldfaced.

Again, ???

Bill

Cart girls at the course i work at make minimun wage, and the ones i chat with make upwards of $100 in tips a day. Also they don't do shit lol.

I liked the guy who said you should tip so they come back around lol, has nothing to do with the tip. if there are enough people on the course so that what they sell off sets what they are paid  in wages, she will be coming back lol. like it or not.

Tipping is getting ridiculous, you guys ever come up to a tee box when someone is mowing it ? you tip that guy lol, he makes the same as cart girls? What about the guy you pay your green fees too and gets you a bag of balls? tip them, they makes the same as cart girls? what about a vending machine you get a drink from? you tip the vending machine?

lol

Originally Posted by JonnyFive

Tipping is getting ridiculous, you guys ever come up to a tee box when someone is mowing it ? you tip that guy lol, he makes the same as cart girls? What about the guy you pay your green fees too and gets you a bag of balls? tip them, they makes the same as cart girls? what about a vending machine you get a drink from? you tip the vending machine?

lol

I know, totally! Bartenders do the same thing as cart girls and make the same wage, next thing you know we gotta start tipping them!  Madness!!

Bill

bartenders do not do the same thing as cart girls.

Cart girl: Gets the beer out of the cooler and hands it to you.

Bartender: Gets the beer out of the cooler and hands it to you.

Yes, a bartender might mix a drink - but are you saying you tip for a mixed drink but not a bottle of beer?

Bill

Well when you're in a busy bar, a tip will actually get me higher priority and better service, also i believe they work much harder. That's why i tip. Ps- bartending used to be a science and take skill, now not so much, but tipping began long before that.

I've seen that too OP..  I always tip the service wherever I'm at..  It's just courtesy and proper rather it be on a golf course or at the local diner..  But I see people stiffing the waitresses all the time as well..  It's just a shame..  What you should of done tho.. was take out your wallet and TIP her yourself..  This would solve 2 problems.. It shows to the beer cart girl you appreciate her so she comes back to you later on.. and maybe it encourages your buddy to be more alert of the tipping manners :)

The guy on the mower is getting paid minimum wage or higher to mow the grass, he's not expected to accept less wages and earn tips, beer cart girls are.  Last time I checked courses didn't have vending machines that drive up to the hole you're on and provide you friendly service but if you equate that to be the same as what beer cart girls do, then don't tip them.

lol

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

at least 50% of the time they do, they hand a person a beer in a bottle.  I guess it can get real complex if you ask them to put a shot of alcohol into a glass with some ice and red bull.

bartenders do not do the same thing as cart girls.

Joe Paradiso

what I find funny is that people are so adament that you should tip that "innocent, sweet cart girl" because she's providing you a service but when it comes to something like what I do for a living(lawn maintainence) these same "money friendly" people try to cheat you out of every dollar they can.  Wheres my tip for doing an awesome job on your lawn that you're just too lazy to take care of yourself?

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by ladders11

+1

I feel like I have seen this hundreds of times.  WTF do these old fat guys need to stand around and chat this girl up for.  She is trying to be nice for the tips and they use her as a captive audience for their bad jokes or bull.  I can't believe how many guys sit there at a restaurant like "dude, think the waitress likes me / likes you?"  The answer to this is always no, man, she is working for tips.  These women don't need to be hit on constantly, I'm sure it gets old.

Remarkably enough, it always changes the mood of the group when the girl shows up in the cart - time and time again, I watch three people who were hacking wormburners and cussing through another round in the heat suddenly light up like Johnny Carson walked out of the trees.

LOL...amen to that.  You gotta love the guys who are so full of themselves that they seriously think the beer cart girl wants them.  It must be nice to live in a fantasy world like that.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by Paradox

what I find funny is that people are so adament that you should tip that "innocent, sweet cart girl" because she's providing you a service but when it comes to something like what I do for a living(lawn maintainence) these same "money friendly" people try to cheat you out of every dollar they can.  Wheres my tip for doing an awesome job on your lawn that you're just too lazy to take care of yourself?

Do you make $6 an hour to mow lawns?  Didnt think so.  Tips arent neccesary for every job but when someone makes below minimum wage and depends upon tips to make a living, then not tipping them is just classless.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

You set the price you want to mow the lawn if you do it on your own or agreed to work for a salary that's above minimum wage.  The beer cart girls work for below minimum wage like waiters and waitresses and are expected by the establishment to make up the difference on tips.  If the bolded part of your quote reflects your attitude towards your customers it's no wonder you don't get tips.  If it wasn't for us lazy guys you wouldn't have a job .  BTW, I happen to tip my lawn guys at the end of the season (fall cleanup) for their hard work all spring and summer.

Originally Posted by Paradox

Joe Paradiso

its an easy debate to settle

ask your local club house if the cart girls make minimal wage or not?

do they make the same as the guy mowing the green?

i have a hard time with the idea that i should have to pay her extra to come around if she is already getting paid for being there and driving around anyways .... thats HER JOB!. however i still tip depending on service,... but i tip at the end... if she comes around on her own and im always very nice and she always has a good attitude then i give her a nice 20% of what i spent.... if all day she had a crappy attitude and has rude in any way and acted as if she deserved 1 or 2 bucks for every beer then guess what she gets nothing at the end... a tip is EXTRA for GOOD service.... the people that say even with bad service they deserve something are wrong.... if they cant make enough making their base pay without tips they need to get a new job ..... tips should be extra and for being good at what they do.... BTW the girls here make about 8 bucks an hour so i dont feel bad for them when they make an extra 100 bucks a day.... if i knew i could make 2 extra grand a month in cash! for having a short skirt and big boobs then i will get my GF a boob job cuz that ( 8 bucks and hour plus 100 a day) is more then ALOT of very hard working women make working in other fields!...

i do the same with bartenders.. i never pay with cash i always open a tab... if the bartender never gives me a drink and has a bad attitude then at the end of the night i might him a REALLY small tip to let him know he didnt do a good job.... that being said if a bartender remembers my name, remembers my drink, never lets me sit there with an empty for too long then he gets a NICE tip at least 20%... because he DID A GREAT JOB.... if he does a crappy job all the time and doesnt get many tips and cant live on that job then he will be forced to quit and go get a diff job.. thus making a job opening for a diff person that might come in and slay on tips BECAUSE he or she is GOOD at what they do! JUST MY 2 cents

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Do you make $6 an hour to mow lawns?  Didnt think so.  Tips arent neccesary for every job but when someone makes below minimum wage and depends upon tips to make a living, then not tipping them is just classless.

You missed the whole point.  I have to make a living, too and for you(a customer) to try and get me to do a 40 dollar job for 15 dollars because you're a tightwad, then its the same as not tipping a cart girl.  She doesn't HAVE to do a job that works for less than minimum wage.  I just think its a funny double standard because its " a college girl"

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by soup

"How about a little something, you know, for the effort?"

"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Driver: Ben Hogan Speed Slot 1 Wood Fairway Wood: Ben Hogan Speed Slot 4 Wood Irons: Ben Hogan 1961 Power Thrust Wedges: Wilson JP II SW Putter: Spalding T.P. Mills #6

Not really looking to insert my own opinion here, but you could change every singe "cart girl" to "stripper" and the thread would still make a lot of sense with pretty much the same argument.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Note: This thread is 3797 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!