IGNORED

I'm so excited! Should I be?

Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have just purchased a set of ping eye2+ 3-sw, re gripped with golf pride and original ZZ lite shafts, matching serial numbers, for £70, they look in excellent condition with paintwork intact! I feel like I've got a really important guest coming to stay! I've heard mixed reviews on these shafts yet I've only heard bad things about the k ones so I opted for these! Anyway, I just had to tell someone, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about these clubs!

Gaz Lee

Now you ca hit "skippys" at will! :banana:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Eye 2 + irons were arguably one of the best and longest lived iron sets ever produced. Many low handicappers even kept them in play all through the 80s and 90s. I still occasionally see a set in a bag now and then. They are still very playable irons though not as technically advanced as anything from the last 15-20 years. The lofts are on the weak side compared to the sets these days. Nowadays you get 45 degree pitching wedges in most sets. Matching serial numbers are important if you ever want to sell - or if you want to keep them as a collection. Also the ZZ lite shafts were preferred by most players over the KT and others if I recall correctly. Heck I say take then out and enjoy!

So you may or may not know about the previous Eye2 threads we've had here, but that's what knuckleheads above are bouncing their bananas about.  Cool find--I would actually love to take a set of these for a spin.  Though I never owned a set, when I was starting out in HS golf the Eye2 (BeCu) was THE iron to have.

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Cool find--I would actually love to take a set of these for a spin.  Though I never owned a set, when I was starting out in HS golf the Eye2 (BeCu) was THE iron to have.

Me too.  I never had them either, but I did grow up on a knock off set of them (Tour Model II's).  Even those crappy knock-offs were awesome!!!

Not BeCu though ... just normal, boring, steel. :cry:

But I'm all better now because my current irons are (clearly) 900% better than i2's. :-P

First real irons I owned back in the day were Eye 2+ with the ZZ lite. Played them until I gave up golf in the mid-90's. Loved 'em not sure I would gt into them now. I played the G5's in 2012 when I came back to golf but never liked those. The sound drove me nuts.

Dave :-)

But I'm all better now because my current irons are (clearly) 900% better than i2's. :-P

This is true, my i20's are so good I actually will bird hunt with them using a knock down seven iron. I am actually afraid to "upgrade" to the i25's.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

This is true, my i20's are so good I actually will bird hunt with them using a knock down seven iron. I am actually afraid to "upgrade" to the i25's.

I'm thinking of gettin some new irons, and the I 25's are at the top of my list. Only thing that kinda bugs me is, they seem so light in weight.compared to my current clubs.

I'm thinking of gettin some new irons, and the I 25's are at the top of my list. Only thing that kinda bugs me is, they seem so light in weight.compared to my current clubs.

You know you can order them in whatever swing weight you want right? I am weird because I like them light. I got the S300s which changes them from D0 to D1, but I had them put lighter inserts in the heads to change them back to D0 when I ordered mine.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

You know you can order them in whatever swing weight you want right? I am weird because I like them light. I got the S300s which changes them from D0 to D1, but I had them put lighter inserts in the heads to change them back to D0 when I ordered mine.

Cool, I was gone to get fitted for them, but just trying the ones they had on display were to light for me. thanks for the info.

Cool, I was gone to get fitted for them, but just trying the ones they had on display were to light for me. thanks for the info.

Yeah depending on the shaft you pick it may add some weight anyway. Then you can chose the swing weight. I actually like the wedges a bit heavier and so when I ordered them I ordered the 4-9 at D0, the PW at D2 and the GW at D3. I of course now have the Edels that have replace those, bit it worked pretty well the last couple years. The one thing I have been kicking around it changing the 9i to a D1 because there id a big gap right now between that and my Edel PW. The Edel PW must be a D3 at least, I am guessing.

Nate

Yeah depending on the shaft you pick it may add some weight anyway. Then you can chose the swing weight. I actually like the wedges a bit heavier and so when I ordered them I ordered the 4-9 at D0, the PW at D2 and the GW at D3. I of course now have the Edels that have replace those, bit it worked pretty well the last couple years. The one thing I have been kicking around it changing the 9i to a D1 because there id a big gap right now between that and my Edel PW. The Edel PW must be a D3 at least, I am guessing.

So how much difference is there really between the swing weights?

So how much difference is there really between the swing weights?

I am not really sure what you differences you want to know about, but in distance it is about 2-3 yards per swing weight for me.  For my PW if it was 125y at D0 it might be 120y at D2 for example.  I used a lighter set for a long time.  Cobra CXI irons for almost 10 years that were D0, so I guess I am just used to that lighter weight.  I like the wedges heavier for out of the rough and for feel around the greens. The lighter weight also makes the shaft seem a little stiffer to me which I like more.  I think many people like them heavier than I because they can feel the club head better throughout the swing.  Hope this helps.

Nate

I am not really sure what you differences you want to know about, but in distance it is about 2-3 yards per swing weight for me.  For my PW if it was 125y at D0 it might be 120y at D2 for example.  I used a lighter set for a long time.  Cobra CXI irons for almost 10 years that were D0, so I guess I am just used to that lighter weight.  I like the wedges heavier for out of the rough and for feel around the greens. The lighter weight also makes the shaft seem a little stiffer to me which I like more.  I think many people like them heavier than I because they can feel the club head better throughout the swing.  Hope this helps.

I would think the opposite for me. With real light clubs I can't get a good feel through out the swing. A D2 is about my minimum. A lighter s/w just seems like it would be shorter..?

I also like my wedges a bit heavy for the feel they give on shorter shots.. I have no idea what the difference is in weight between say a D 0 and a D 1, 2, ect.

That is what I was wondering. Are the i20's heavier than your old clubs or did you make them heavier because of the shafts you have.

That is what I was wondering. Are the i20's heavier than your old clubs or did you make them heavier because of the shafts you have.

i20's are stock at D0.  The same as what I had before.  The S300 shafts would have made them a heavier D1, but I had them make the clubs lighter with the shafts to be the standard D0 swing weight.

Nate

i20's are stock at D0.  The same as what I had before.  The S300 shafts would have made them a heavier D1, but I had them make the clubs lighter with the shafts to be the standard D0 swing weight.

Interesting.  Mine are listed as "D 6,7."**  That is the fitters notes on my summary sheet, so I guess that means D6 1/2??  I don't know.  All I know is that they don't feel particularly light or heavy to me (I have KBS Tour 120's, BTW) and I love them.

Mine are also long and upright.

**  FWIW, Sand wedge says D 7,8 and Lob wedge says D 8,9

Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!