IGNORED

The next equipment company to become a house brand goes to...........?

Note: This thread is 3680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I noticed at my local PGA superstore that the Ben Hogan company is now their house brand it seems. I didn't see any clubs but hats, clothes, balls and belts were to be found. Got me to thinking what company is pushing towards the black hole of becoming a store brand. Macgregor, Lynx, and Snake Eyes are Golf Smith's, Orlimar which had a slight run in the late 90's is Academy's brand. IMO , without a major winner in the near future, I can see Wilson dying off. Wonder what you guys think.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hogan name was acquired by Perry Ellis, so it's not truly a house brand unless Perry Ellis owns PGA Superstores.

I've read that the Cleveland branding will likely disappear here in the states except on their wedges.   All their other clubs will be under the Srixon name.  I realize that's not a house brand, but here in the states they have no presence except for their golf balls and hats.

Also seems the status of Never Compromise is in question.  Golfsmith is selling all of their putters at $99 and there's a question if the brand will continue or get merged into the Srixon product line.

Joe Paradiso

I noticed at my local PGA superstore that the Ben Hogan company is now their house brand it seems. I didn't see any clubs but hats, clothes, balls and belts were to be found. Got me to thinking what company is pushing towards the black hole of becoming a store brand. Macgregor, Lynx, and Snake Eyes are Golf Smith's, Orlimar which had a slight run in the late 90's is Academy's brand. IMO , without a major winner in the near future, I can see Wilson dying off. Wonder what you guys think.

Callaway bought Hogan and killed the club line a few years back. Probably the right thing to do. Callaway does have an "Apex" line but no Hogan name on it. MacGregor, Lynx and Snake Eyes - the fact that MacGregor is even mentioned with those other two says a lot. Wilson is a good prediction (honestly I thought they were already dead). Ram is another one - the fate of the company ebbed and flowed with its ownership, but it is definitely at an ebb now.

Callaway bought Hogan and killed the club line a few years back. Probably the right thing to do. Callaway does have an "Apex" line but no Hogan name on it. MacGregor, Lynx and Snake Eyes - the fact that MacGregor is even mentioned with those other two says a lot. Wilson is a good prediction (honestly I thought they were already dead). Ram is another one - the fate of the company ebbed and flowed with its ownership, but it is definitely at an ebb now.

I thought Ram and Tommy Armour were house brands for Sports Authority.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!