IGNORED

2014 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you were betting on the Masters, would you stay away from Jason Day at this point? I loved him as the favorite before this thumb injury, but now he has me scared.

Jason is my pick to win. I just don't think he would play...unless he felt that he is fit, and fit enough to possibly win. Just my opinion, heck I don't know if he's even gonna play...sigh

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Might be a good time to look into Kuchar, Rose, ZJ or DJ as favorites now. Day was my pick but now I dont feel good about him. Never know what you're gonna get from Phil on any given day and now with his injuries might toss him out. Rory is also an enigma. Westwood and Donald dont seem to have what it takes to ever win a major. Just a whole lot of unknown. Hell, I could see Jonas Blixt win this; been that kind of year.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Might be a good time to look into Kuchar, Rose, ZJ or DJ as favorites now. Day was my pick but now I dont feel good about him. Never know what you're gonna get from Phil on any given day and now with his injuries might toss him out. Rory is also an enigma. Westwood and Donald dont seem to have what it takes to ever win a major. Just a whole lot of unknown. Hell, I could see Jonas Blixt win this; been that kind of year.

No mention of Adam Scott?

Those are awesome pics! I could see Dufner doing well at the Masters this year and I'll add him to my list.

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

I made my choice, I'll stick with it. As an aside, I wouldn't mind seeing Hunter in the mix for a win.

Bad odds imho..seldom do camps repeat.

He's currently the favorite (10-1 with McIlroy). There's no reason to throw him out of the mix because he won last year. That's backwards logic.

He's currently the favorite (10-1 with McIlroy). There's no reason to throw him out of the mix because he won last year. That's backwards logic.

Well...I think backwards, so nothing new there..lol

No mention of Adam Scott?

He sure as hell could win. But repeating at Augusta is absurdly hard, let alone anywhere. Also don't like how Adam's played this year; especially that putter.

He sure as hell could win. But repeating at Augusta is absurdly hard, let alone anywhere. Also don't like how Adam's played this year; especially that putter.

Fair enough, although his last 5 starts have been 3, T25, T12, T8, and T6. Doesn't look like he's playing that bad. :-P

Fair enough, although his last 5 starts have been 3, T25, T12, T8, and T6. Doesn't look like he's playing that bad.

Last week's winner shot a 76 on Sunday. Not a whole lot of great golf being played by anyone right now. Scott's putter is horrendous right now.

Last week's winner shot a 76 on Sunday. Not a whole lot of great golf being played by anyone right now. Scott's putter is horrendous right now.

I agree, it was horrendous on the last round he played. Putting is something that can be fixed pretty quick though. If he can get the flat stick working next week I don't see him outside of the top 5.

Some (if not all) of Scott's collapse has to be attributed to the flu he had.  He looked exhausted in his interview pre-round on Saturday and admitted that he got "knocked around a bit" by the flu.

He may have even been taking antihistamines or some other OTC medication  and that stuff could easily have an effect on your ability to putt.

In case you're not sufficiently stoked for Masters season, here's one of my favorite things that Golf Digest has done: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/georgia/augusta-changes

(I know I post that every year, but it's so great. I don't care.)

I had never seen that before, jamo, so thanks for posting it.

This is by far the hardest year to bet The Masters because of the type of year it's been so far. The Field might be the best choice. I don't trust Day coming back with an injury and a long layoff. I'm actually putting some money down on Dustin Johnson this year. With his length and a much improved short game and putter, he is ideal for Augusta.

I agree with this.  I think he's a decent pick.  I think Jimenez is a good long shot pick.

I agree with this.  I think he's a decent pick.  I think Jimenez is a good long shot pick.

Hadn't thought about Jimenez. That would be absolutely brilliant if he won! I'd love to see that.

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!