IGNORED

New Graphic on NBC Telecasts

albatross
Note: This thread is 3504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Haha.  Maybe you can help me.  Every once in awhile, and that was one occasion, when I try to quote somebody a couple of times, so I can break up the post and respond to each sentence specifically, @iacas style, and there is no space between the two boxes, it only lets me put my cursor immediately in front of "quote."  When I hit backspace to try and un-indent, it puts my cursor IN the previous quote box.  Even after I hit enter a few times to manually create some space, it still won't let me get rid of the indentations.

Sorry bro, it's like Aimpoint, I could explain it to you but then I'd have to kill you. :-X

There are probably easier ways, but what I do is copy/paste the quote as many times as I want to break it up and then write my comments between each box. Once I'm done I go back and edit each box to just the parts I'm commenting on. It's not always necessary as sometimes the editor behaves but when it gets all squirrelly I find this is a good work around.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The old graphic never told you what happened with the previous shot(s) either.

Just to be an a-hole I'm editing this post just to point out that @barney ****ed up his formatting in his post!

BAN HIM!!!!!!!

No graphic can tell you that, that is why they need Jim Nantz and Faldo. :-)

I wouldn't be surprised to see NBC gradually transition into the new graphics and slowly remove the "2nd Shot" line.

When is their next coverage?  Doesn't CBS take over for a while?

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

When is their next coverage?  Doesn't CBS take over for a while?

All they have for the rest of the year is The Players, the US Open, and then the last 3 tournaments of the year.

All they have for the rest of the year is The Players, the US Open, and then the last 3 tournaments of the year.

And the Players usually has its own graphic package...

The Golf Channel should still have the early rounds though.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Got to disagree.  Sometimes I'm looking at my phone to see the leaderboard or getting sidetracked.  It's nice to be able to see the screen and know what shot the player is on.

Also I feel like back in the early 2000's the graphic included the club that the player had selected for his shot.  Haven't seen that in a while or maybe I'm not watching enough golf.  What's up with that?

TJ, no one would blame you if you have'nt been watching enough golf on t.v. For several years now, the GC and the Networks have filled the telecasts with conjecture, prognostication and second guessing. Graphics are useful, especially when you have MUTE on for an entire broadcast while Jim "Funeral Director" Nantz is blathering on and on about some useless stat. Funny on Saturday when Faldo was aksed what would have happened if he had made the cut? To which Faldo replied; " You'd find a way to weasle your way through the telecast". Ha ha an appropriate response!

Personally, I think given the technology and High Def cameras, the golf should tell it's own story. Self serving yappers like Ian Baker Finch, "Rog" Maltbie, Foltz can't get enough of themselves talking right up to the moment of the shot.

I don't think anyone cares which way the putt breaks, let's all just watch like the player does to see if he/she guessed right. Duh! Oh the heady days of Chris Schenkel, Jay Randolph and other respectful announcers who revelled at a great shot, versus feeling all good about telling us before it happened.

Ok, I'm done. Ha Ha

Got to disagree.  Sometimes I'm looking at my phone to see the leaderboard or getting sidetracked.  It's nice to be able to see the screen and know what shot the player is on.

Also I feel like back in the early 2000's the graphic included the club that the player had selected for his shot.  Haven't seen that in a while or maybe I'm not watching enough golf.  What's up with that?

For the thousandth time, the old format showed you what shot the player was on.  It said Par 4, second shot.  Same thing now, just a different way to show it. Cool that you like the new graphic, but they haven't provided you with any info you didn't have glancing up at the TV before.

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

FWIW, this graphic has no redundant information. So, it's not too bad.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

You're wrong.

Look directly under the -1 and then look at the bottom right corner of the screen.

Boom!!

That's branding. Not information. :-D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thank you for the compelling insight-Mind elaborating???[quote name="Mr. Desmond" url="/t/73570/new-graphic-on-nbc-telecasts/72#post_1053880"]I think NBC can do better ... [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Thank you for the compelling insight-Mind elaborating???

You're welcome.

Erik and others have made suggestions.

I don't mind the new graphic, and haven't given alternatives much thought. I was as impressed by the graphic as you were by my post...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!