IGNORED

Ever have a ball disappear, vanish with no trace of it ever being here?

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I hit my tee shot, we all watch it fly, see it land in the fairway and then when we get down there it is no where to be found. Ball was hit to the center of fairway, didn't hit a sprinkler head, we would have seen it. No gopher hole. Just not there. No explanation, gone. Kind of funny. Every happen to you?

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nope, but happens to my buddy all the time.. Usually because he thinks he hit it down the middle ! ;)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Hey now Eyad, play nice :-P

I had it once, but it was after we had a very wet spring and the ball actually buried it self into the ground were you can't find it.

My best guess is that it kicked somewhere. In the end, rules of golf says you are SOL, and you must go back to the tee and re hit the tee shot with penalty. I know, it sucks, but ITS GOLF AND WE LOVE IT!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

My biggest pet peeve in golf; losing a ball in the middle if the fairway. Doesn't happen often but when it does it REALLY sucks.
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

My biggest pet peeve in golf; losing a ball in the middle if the fairway. Doesn't happen often but when it does it REALLY sucks.

I remember this one time, I hit a perfect drive down the fairway. This Asian guy just walks over into my fairway and picks up my ball. Classic, "WTF ARE YOU DOING". Lets just say that anyone with in 3 holes of me could probably hear me yelling for him to put the ball back. Which he did, but still, some people.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

This happened to me last week. The tee box is on a hill and the wind was blowing forward pretty hard, but my tee shot was right down the middle. Couldn't find it anywhere, if I was driving a cart I would've looked longer.

Not unusual at all where I play when it's wet.

Just the wrong combination:

Very soft soil.

Thickest Bermuda grass ever .

High grass for fairways (drives me crazy but I don't make that decision).

Where I used to play had it's own problem in the form of crawfish holes just big enough for a golf ball to go down. I've lost several balls to crawfish holes including one brand new Pro V1 that had never been hit and still hasn't. I accidentally dropped it on the tee box while I was waiting to hit and it went right down a crawfish hole, never to be seen again.

There was also a dog that lived at the end of the 3rd hole that used to like to run out and steal balls and run home with them. If he stole an approach shot we could see him do it, but if he stole a tee shot it was over a hill and we never knew for sure.

Yep. More often than you'd think.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yes it has a few times. One time I had a fox grab my ball and take off.

I remember someone posting a video of that on here. Was that you?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Ironic timing...just had this happen yesterday. My second shot on a par 5 (new course to me) was over a small ridge then down hill to the green. I kept it a bit left to allow for the downhill/left of the fairway, but right of the cart path. Got down there...gone. No where to be seen. Even checked the hole, nothing. Didn't want to go back to replay the shot since the guys behind us were already waiting for us to clear, so I took a bogey and moved on.

We figured that the kids with the guys ahead of us and snagged it up since they were running all over the place. What really sucked was I'd just put the ball into play off that tee. :(

Yep played Anaheim Hills two weeks ago, hole 18, about 140 out to the green, hit the left side bunker. Both me and my son saw it hit looked to be a dead stop.

When we walked up to the bunker ball was gone, you could see about 1 foot of roll no ball and no one around that we saw by the bunker or the green?

We looked at each other and something like WTF, we walked around that green for 10 min, no one behind us so it was not holding anyone up, never found the ball.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I remember this one time, I hit a perfect drive down the fairway. This Asian guy just walks over into my fairway and picks up my ball. Classic, "WTF ARE YOU DOING". Lets just say that anyone with in 3 holes of me could probably hear me yelling for him to put the ball back. Which he did, but still, some people.

That's another topic to start there. LOL. Why is it that old Asian men think it is ok to go out in the adjacent fairway and pick up a ball. They did that in Korea all the time. It has happened to me here in the states once before. Guy driving down the cart path, towards the tee, and spots my ball and drives over, leans out of cart and picks it up like it was his. I start yelling it him and he just drives off like nothing. After a few minutes I just laughed about it.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

I had this happen yesterday TWICE!   The first one was the best tee shot I had all damn day and as I am heading to it, I see this guy come walking across from the fairway he was on, onto mine and just pick up my ball and keep walking.    When I get to him, I tell him I believe he has my ball.    He shrugs, pulls my ball out of his pocket and hands it back to me....

Then two holes later, I hit a push fade that ends up a little right of the fairway when a guy comes driving by in a golf cart from the next hole on on the left, stops, picks up my ball and drives off.   I don't think that guy was even playing golf.....  Never saw him again..

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I had this happen yesterday TWICE!   The first one was the best tee shot I had all damn day and as I am heading to it, I see this guy come walking across from the fairway he was on, onto mine and just pick up my ball and keep walking.    When I get to him, I tell him I believe he has my ball.    He shrugs, pulls my ball out of his pocket and hands it back to me....

I think you would have seen me on the 11 o'clock news if that happened to me..... :pound:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I think you would have seen me on the 11 o'clock news if that happened to me.....

Haha that really made me chuckle! Losing balls like when hit down the middle seems to happen to most people I know, very rarely but probably more in the autumn when those darn leaves are all over the place.

ping.gif G30 Driver

ping.gif K15 3 Wood

ping.gif G25 Hybrid

ping.gif i20 Irons 4-S

ping.gifTour S Rustique 58 degree Wedge

ping.gif Anser 2 TR Putter

Then two holes later, I hit a push fade that ends up a little right of the fairway when a guy comes driving by in a golf cart from the next hole on on the left, stops, picks up my ball and drives off.   I don't think that guy was even playing golf.....  Never saw him again..

WT-everlovin'-F???

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!