IGNORED

Tiger Woods out of Masters Following Surgery for Pinched Nerve

foreleft
Note: This thread is 3640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Statement here http://www.tigerwoods.com/home

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2014/04/01/70599322/tiger-unable-to-play-in-the-masters-after-successful-microdiscectomy/

• Administrator
Quote:

Tiger Woods announced Tuesday that he has undergone a successful microdiscectomy for a pinched nerve that has been hurting him for several months.

The surgery was performed Monday in Park City, Utah, by neurosurgeon Dr. Charles Rich.

The procedure was successful, but Woods will be unable to play in the Masters Tournament, instead requiring rest and rehabilitation for the next several weeks.

"After attempting to get ready for the Masters, and failing to make the necessary progress, I decided, in consultation with my doctors, to have this procedure done," Woods said

I think it's probably true, but how great would it be if Tiger trolled everyone on April Fool's Day?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There goes my pick for TST contest. :mad:

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I think it's probably true, but how great would it be if Tiger trolled everyone on April Fool's Day?

Mega-Great! A truly Tiger-esque feat!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Statement here http://www.tigerwoods.com/home

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2014/04/01/70599322/tiger-unable-to-play-in-the-masters-after-successful-microdiscectomy/

I had this same back surgery last year.  He will recover very quickly from it as nothing structural is changed.  Expect him back before the next major.

• Upvote 1

That would be an awesome joke...might not go over well with people at Augusta or chamblee very well

NIke VRS covert

Mini driver 14 degree

Nike covert 5 wood

taylormade sldr 4 hybrid

Taylormade Rocketballz Irons:  6-aw

Taylormade atv  56,60,64

Jpl Putter

Nxt tour s yellow

That would be an awesome joke...might not go over well with people at Augusta or chamblee very well

Lol, no, no it wouldn't, which would just make it more awesome! :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Tiger is out of the masters, will undergo surgery for a pinched nerve, first Masters he'll miss since 1994.

https://twitter.com/GolfChannel/status/451028993396199424/photo/1

EDIT: @jbishop15 beat me to it ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Welp no Masters, probably no US Open and maybe even no Open championship. Could miss 3 majors. Probably rusty for the PGA. Basically a lost year in terms of majors.

I would say his hunt for Jack is very much in doubt. I was firmly on the 50/50 going into this year. I now say its more like 90/10 that he doesn't catch Jack. I'd even put it in doubt he wins another major at all.

That'll screw up some guys picks here. Actually the fewest amount of Tiger picks I've seen since I've been doing these contests. Obviously don't worry if you picked Tiger 2nd or 3rd ;-)

http://thesandtrap.com/t/73252/2014-masters-prediction-contest-win-a-cobra-bio-cell-driver

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

@nevets88 is not allowed to make April Fools jokes anymore.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

@nevets88 is not allowed to make April Fools jokes anymore.

BAN HIM!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

As someone who has had the same surgery that Tiger just had, that doctor on ESPN said some irresponsible things, imho.

His example of the disc being like a jelly doughnut is the same example m y doctor used to describe how the disc works, but where the TV doc went a little astray is when he failed to mention that 1) he did not see Tiger's images so he has no idea how small or how large the protrusion is and 2) whatever gets cut out is now missing and can no longer help mitigate the shocks on the vertebrea.

The TV doc also asserted Tiger can get back to 100%. I think he is crazy. I am nowhere near what I used to be, and not for any lack of effort. The back just always flairs up. The pain radiates out to the hip too.

Tiger will have to begin a stretching routine the likes of which will make his head swim. And this is just my personal experience, but you can never stretch it out enough. It always lingers.

• Upvote 1

Seems like he already had the surgery, right?

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Note: This thread is 3640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!