IGNORED

Favorite Golfing Partner(s) - Who is yours?

rightdraw
Note: This thread is 3667 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of the things I enjoy most about golf is getting to enjoy the game with others. I have a few people that I play with the majority of the time, but I'm willing to swing the sticks with just about anyone. I thought I would share a few of my favorites and see what others have to share.

a. My Dad - he introduced me to the game and I think golf is one of the biggest reasons we have a good relationship. He taught me a ton about the game and I enjoy every single round I get to play with him, even when he bets me.

b. Lifetime Friend - I grew up with this guys. I've known him since we were in grade school and grew up in a small town together. We played a lot of the same sports in high school - football, wrestling, golf(needed a break after the first two seasons). We live pretty close and is usually up for a game if he isn't coaching something(now a high school history teacher.

c. College Friend - A guy I met in college, probably inebriated. He is from the Cape Cod area. He just has many of the same interests as I do, golf, golf, beer, hunting and ended up being my best man in my wedding.

d. Others(honorable mentions) - other friends,father in law, brother(s) in law, all the guys in the men's club from my small town that taught me how to behave appropriately on the golf course(golf etiquette and how to curse a poor golf shot :whistle: ), and all of the random golfers when I couldn't scrounge up a foursome.

I feel luck to know these people and share a common interest.

Who is you favorite playing partner(s)?

Kurt

Close friends.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was my Father-in-law for the last 20 years, until he passed away a year and a half ago.  I always played my best when I played with him.  We traveled all over the US playing golf together.  He was like a father, brother, and best buddy all rolled into one.  And when I was playing golf with him I could never get in trouble with his daughter for playing golf.  I miss him a ton.  I always texted him to tell him about new courses I played, rounds I had, or shots I had.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Definitely my brother in law, he got me into the game 3 years ago and taught me everything I know.  Not sure I would have made it through the early struggles without his help.

Favorite golfing partner... In no particular order My brother @golfingdad because hes my bro, (online manly hug ensues) My wife and kids because I enjoy teaching them the game. My normal Saturday group because it is a bunch of good guys. Any guy who is a single digit hdcp, because I always play better with them.

Favorite golfing partner...

In no particular order

My brother @golfingdad because hes my bro, (online manly hug ensues)

In case anybody was wondering, our hugs look like this:

That's right ... The ****ing Catalina wine mixer!!!!!!!!!

Man @Golfingdad I can't wait to get to a SoCal event for some awkward hugs!

My favorite golfing partners...ha ha, good one!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

My son, we have always done everything together , he was the one that got me back in the game about 1 1/2 years ago. Not looking forward to him leaving for collage.

Father in law, although there has been times I would like to hit in with my driver.

Used to be my wife 20 years ago we used to play every weekend before my kids were born and we had to stop for scouts. It was fun we both really sucked but had a great time at it.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

My father-in-law. He got me started in golf. He's amazing. He's 65 and still plays to scratch--he's been down as low as +1.5. He has literally only had 2 lessons in his entire life only on the short game. But he's got this great S&T; like swing that he built on his own. The reason he's such a great partner is that he's laid back and I never feel pressure from him. He also doesn't give advice unless I ask. It doesn't hurt that he usually picks up the tab for the round!

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

I have a tie for favorite golfing partner. I golf a fair bit with a pharmacist from work, and it's always a blast when we tee up together. The other is my father in law. We usually get at least a round per week in together, and I play with his team for league night. I appreciate all that he tries to teach me, although a lot of the time it doesn't sink in to my thick skull.

Corey

I hope if I ever have in-laws, they're as good as the ones described here. As for me, drawing from the set of people I've played with on a regular or semi-regular basis at any point, there's one member of my club that I'd probably say is my favorite golfing partner.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Without question, my grandsons are my favorite partners.  However since they are both busy with other my default is an old friend I've know for many years.  You know what they say,  "you can always make new friends but you can't make any new old friends so take care of the ones you have".

Butch

Note: This thread is 3667 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!