IGNORED

Golf Digest cover with Paulina Gretzky

Motley01
Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I don't think it's necessarily "heated". However, this debate is mostly about moral fabric so it is going to come off as personal and maybe even a little "raw". I'm just glad it has stayed on topic, so that's a plus that we can all be happy about I guess.

Agreed.

Tempest in a teapot, too. It's not like we have better things to discuss. Errrrr, wait, The Masters is this week? :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agreed.

Tempest in a teapot, too. It's not like we have better things to discuss. Errrrr, wait, The Masters is this week? :)

lol Yeah, who knew?!

On a side note, as much attention as Paulina is getting, she's becoming less attractive by the minute because I'm now getting sick of her! :beer:

• Administrator

On a side note, as much attention as Paulina is getting, she's becoming less attractive by the minute because I'm now getting sick of her!

It's WORKING!

I'm out. Heading downtown to edit LSW.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't think it's necessarily "heated". However, this debate is mostly about moral fabric so it is going to come off as personal and maybe even a little "raw". I'm just glad it has stayed on topic, so that's a plus that we can all be happy about I guess.

If by being raw and on topic you mean that it went "im envious of that guy marrying that beatiful girl" for a bit of fun to "she has nothing to do with golf therefore why is she on a golf mag" to "dont tell me how to raise my kids in multiple quotation boxes" then sure... its still on topic... oh crap i have just derailed it.

Back on track, I like to look at pretty girls on pretty glossy golf magazine covers.  I will continue to read this magazine online or buy it at the airport.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone read the article?

Is the article about golf or fitness?

It's about fitness, the article itself contains pictures of Paulina in workout clothes doing various exercises.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

If by being raw and on topic you mean that it went "im envious of that guy marrying that beatiful girl" for a bit of fun to "she has nothing to do with golf therefore why is she on a golf mag" to "dont tell me how to raise my kids in multiple quotation boxes" then sure... its still on topic... oh crap i have just derailed it. Back on track, I like to look at pretty girls on pretty glossy golf magazine covers.  I will continue to read this magazine online or buy it at the airport.

Lol. Don't forget the comparisons to the BP oil spill. It's been entertaining.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Lol. Don't forget the comparisons to the BP oil spill. It's been entertaining.

There's an old saying in business....  "The responsibility for effective communication lies with the person doing the communicating."

I must be a terrible communicator, because there are people here who actually think that there was a comparison made between the BP disaster and the cover of Golf Digest, when there wasn't.

:blink:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

There's an old saying in business....  "The responsibility for effective communication lies with the person doing the communicating."

I must be a terrible communicator, because there are people here who actually think that there was a comparison made between the BP disaster and the cover of Golf Digest, when there wasn't.

Come on, David.  There HAS to be a caveat that goes with that old saying that puts some of the burden on the communicatee (am I making up a word?) !! :beer:

Several people had no trouble understanding EXACTLY what you were saying.

Come on, David.  There HAS to be a caveat that goes with that old saying that puts some of the burden on the communicatee (am I making up a word?) !!

Several people had no trouble understanding EXACTLY what you were saying.

True, but a good communicator should be able to communicate effectively with people of all levels of comprehension, even with those that struggle. ;-)

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

There's an old saying in business....  "The responsibility for effective communication lies with the person doing the communicating." I must be a terrible communicator, because there are people here who actually think that there was a comparison made between the BP disaster and the cover of Golf Digest, when there wasn't. :blink:

I understood but kinda funny it came up in a hot chick thread. Embellishment to add to the comedy. I'm pretty witty in person, evidently not so much through the written word.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Well the inference was they are both examples of bad publicity, which mentioning them in the same phrase could imply they are potentialy of equal negativity from the writer. There isn't any doubt the publicity from the oil spill was bad...and could never be considered good. It also was not a "planned communication." The GD cover was a planned communication and I suspect the editor knew exactly what could/would happen, but in this case some may feel it is bad publicity and some may not...we have these discussions on a regular basis at our publication. We weigh the risk and decide to move forward or go down a different path. Mostly due to how much time we want to deal with it from readers/advertisers.

Personally to me there is a difference in publicity as a result of a tragedy/crime as opposed to publicity from a editorial/marketing decision.

I personally think a better example would be the Rolling Stone cover that had the surviving Boston bomber on it...In that case more so then not most surely felt that was offensive and bad publicity for Rolling Stone.

Taylormade SLDR 10.5

Ping Anser 4-PW

Ping Anser 52,54,60

Ping G25 3 Wood 15

Ping I20 4 Hybrid

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7

Well the inference was they are both examples of bad publicity, which mentioning them in the same phrase could imply they are potentialy of equal negativity from the writer. There isn't any doubt the publicity from the oil spill was bad...and could never be considered good. It also was not a "planned communication." The GD cover was a planned communication and I suspect the editor knew exactly what could/would happen, but in this case some may feel it is bad publicity and some may not...we have these discussions on a regular basis at our publication. We weigh the risk and decide to move forward or go down a different path. Mostly due to how much time we want to deal with it from readers/advertisers.

Personally to me there is a difference in publicity as a result of a tragedy/crime as opposed to publicity from a editorial/marketing decision.

I personally think a better example would be the Rolling Stone cover that had the surviving Boston bomber on it...In that case more so then not most surely felt that was offensive and bad publicity for Rolling Stone.

Exactly, the GD cover is closer in comparison to how Brandel trashes Tiger to gain notoriety, than it is to the BP oil spill which was a environmental tragedy.

Joe Paradiso

Just read it. Actually it was kind of interesting. More than fitness, found out Dustin is buddies with Kid Rock. He lives in Jupiter.

Dave :-)

Just read it. Actually it was kind of interesting. More than fitness, found out Dustin is buddies with Kid Rock. He lives in Jupiter.

Does it have some good stretches?    I stand by my opinion that there were better choices for the model but I haven't cancelled my subscription or burned hockey sticks in misguided effigy. ;)
If the fitness articles are actually helpful, then I really won't care about the model.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Does it have some good stretches?    I stand by my opinion that there were better choices for the model but I haven't cancelled my subscription or burned hockey sticks in misguided effigy. ;)

If the fitness articles are actually helpful, then I really won't care about the model.

+1.  its so not a big deal.

Colin P.

Does it have some good stretches?    I stand by my opinion that there were better choices for the model but I haven't cancelled my subscription or burned hockey sticks in misguided effigy. ;)   If the fitness articles are actually helpful, then I really won't care about the model.

Yes it does.

Dave :-)

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd point out that the current issue of GD (I've never paid for it, wife got a free subscription at some point for me and they've been sending me "Final Notice" along with every ~4th issue for 2-3 years) has a (I think) two page spread with Ryan O'Toole in hot shorts and a sports bra demoing some exercise looking hot and actually like a strong athlete .  Sure, she's no Park or Lewis or Pettersen or whatever, but at least she's an actual pro golfer!

Of course, we all knew "fitness" was a BS post blow up PR rationalization for putting Gretzky on the cover...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!