Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ridenemwild

3 wood/franken wood

4 posts in this topic

I currently have a r11s 4 wood that I absolutely love. Off the deck I get about 200 yards with it and off the tee its about 230. My driver is a ping g10 9° and it usually goes about 240. The only problem is i tend to be very wild with my driver. Hitting very few fairways and not seeing much of a distance gap between the 2. I love my 4 wood the weight and all just feels right and I usually hit the fairways 3 out of 4 times off the tee. So just wondering what y'all think about a very strong lofted 3 wood for just off the tee. What models have a deeper face to help a little but still weigh and feel close to the same as the r11s.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I suggest getting a higher lofted driver. Try a 12 degree driver. I think you will find a nice balance between the accuracy you are looking for and the distance you want. EDIT: Also a shorter shaft as a possibility as well.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I currently have a r11s 4 wood that I absolutely love. Off the deck I get about 200 yards with it and off the tee its about 230. My driver is a ping g10 9° and it usually goes about 240. The only problem is i tend to be very wild with my driver. Hitting very few fairways and not seeing much of a distance gap between the 2. I love my 4 wood the weight and all just feels right and I usually hit the fairways 3 out of 4 times off the tee. So just wondering what y'all think about a very strong lofted 3 wood for just off the tee. What models have a deeper face to help a little but still weigh and feel close to the same as the r11s.

Here are some good options.  I have the driveway .  And the new Ping Rapture is expensive but I imagine it will be pretty good.  I think both are good options because they have larger than normal fairway wood head size.

According to the TM archives, the lowest lofted R11 FW was the T3 (Tour 3) at 14*.