IGNORED

The Golf Diary

phillyk
Note: This thread is 3668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recently, I have started to make myself a diary of what I do everyday I do something golf related.  Whether it is as simple as a thought that could change the way I think on the course to when I play a round and how I did/the stats.  I'm not sure if this will help my game or not, but its nice to see how I progress day to day, and what I do to fix a bad habit.  I'm also writing down drills I have heard or ones that I use all the time.  I guess I got the idea from Harvey Penick's Little Red Book.  I think it will end up helping out, especially for big tournaments to know what things work right and how to fix certain wrongs.

Has anyone else started something like this?

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes we have some members that use their swing threads as "diaries".

http://thesandtrap.com/f/4180/member-swings

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Recently, I have started to make myself a diary of what I do everyday I do something golf related.  Whether it is as simple as a thought that could change the way I think on the course to when I play a round and how I did/the stats.  I'm not sure if this will help my game or not, but its nice to see how I progress day to day, and what I do to fix a bad habit.  I'm also writing down drills I have heard or ones that I use all the time.  I guess I got the idea from Harvey Penick's Little Red Book.  I think it will end up helping out, especially for big tournaments to know what things work right and how to fix certain wrongs.

Yeah, there have been several.  But a lot of them are ...

Yes we have some members that use their swing threads as "diaries".

http://thesandtrap.com/f/4180/member-swings

... like this.  In fact, that's what mine is.  It's got a lot of videos of my swing, and lots of stuff I'm practicing, but I will also throw in there any good stuff about a great round, bad round, tournament, etc, just to have a place for all of the stuff I want to remember.  Basically, a golf diary. :beer:

Good luck in your US Open quest.  If you don't mind my asking ... which qualifier are you playing in??

Yeah, there have been several.  But a lot of them are ...

... like this.  In fact, that's what mine is.  It's got a lot of videos of my swing, and lots of stuff I'm practicing, but I will also throw in there any good stuff about a great round, bad round, tournament, etc, just to have a place for all of the stuff I want to remember.  Basically, a golf diary.

Good luck in your US Open quest.  If you don't mind my asking ... which qualifier are you playing in??

Barney also uses his swing thread to show off his new sweaters.

:-P

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I guess like to write down my thoughts in a book and keep that with me where I go.  That way all those drills that work for me, I can keep the drawings and examples.  The other reason is I don't have a smart phone to use the internet.

Golfingdad, I'm playing in the Roslyn, WA regional.  It's an interesting track, tough but playable.  Most trouble lies between 130-160 from most greens, so tee shots are essential.  I maintain a high ball flight for most of my clubs and can still hit the ball a long ways, so I think I'll have a good chance. We shall see! Im very excited to see how I stack up right now, but nervous that I won't play to what my potential is.

Philip Kohnken, PGA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

I guess like to write down my thoughts in a book and keep that with me where I go.  That way all those drills that work for me, I can keep the drawings and examples.  The other reason is I don't have a smart phone to use the internet.

Golfingdad, I'm playing in the Roslyn, WA regional.  It's an interesting track, tough but playable.  Most trouble lies between 130-160 from most greens, so tee shots are essential.  I maintain a high ball flight for most of my clubs and can still hit the ball a long ways, so I think I'll have a good chance. We shall see! Im very excited to see how I stack up right now, but nervous that I won't play to what my potential is.

Is this the first year you'll be playing in a US Open qualifier, or do you have some experience there??

Never played in one before.  Now, I know typically people don't play well under the pressure of these events.  But, of all the stressful tournaments or rounds I have played, when I know that a round has to count, I focus hard and play the best golf. One of my best rounds came when I did the PAT tests, by shooting under par.  While those courses aren't particularly hard, it still provides a stressful environment and I was one of a few to pass (that was my first try at it too).

Philip Kohnken, PGA

Note: This thread is 3668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!