IGNORED

100 million dollars or 10 wishes (but you can't wish for money)

snapfade
Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. $100M or 10 Wishes (Can't wish for money)?

• $100M
    • 10 Wishes

There were throwing this around on the radio the other day, seemed fun to toy with. The idea was you could have 10 wishes but you could not wish for loads of gold or cash. Someone called in and said they would wish to be the greatest pitcher to ever play the game and that would bring 40million a year contracts so Id probably go that route. But not as a pitcher. I play golf so Id go the golf route.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely the 10 wishes. There are some things that money can't buy but wishes can.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

10 wishes. Since we already are in an imaginary situation, I'll imagine we can wish for anything. I'd pick 10 things in life that I desire above everything. Stuff money can't buy.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

10 wishes. Since we already are in an imaginary situation, I'll imagine we can wish for anything. I'd pick 10 things in life that I desire above everything. Stuff money can't buy.

Health for all loved ones is the first one that comes to mind.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

snapfade,

I'll take the $100 million. This would give more flexibility than 10 wishes.

If you deliver the check to me in person, I'll buy you lunch!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

£100,000,000 all day long! This amount would grant me 20 wishes minimum!!! Luckily my whole family is in good health and I could spread more happiness with 100 mil than I could with 10 poxy wishes! Besides wishes don't come true anyway!!! I made loads as a kid, not one came true! And I blew all the candles out in one go!

Gaz Lee

I'd take the money. It's much easier to keep track of and not fritter any away during a moments inattention unlike a wish that could easily be spent and not even know it until its too late. I wish I knew where the tv remote was... I wish traffic wasn't so heavy today... I wish I had gone to the restroom before my 2 hour commute... I wish I didn't have to go to work today...

Wishes would be way too easily to spend while distracted.

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

£100,000,000 all day long! This amount would grant me 20 wishes minimum!!! Luckily my whole family is in good health and I could spread more happiness with 100 mil than I could with 10 poxy wishes! Besides wishes don't come true anyway!!! I made loads as a kid, not one came true! And I blew all the candles out in one go!

@Hardballs is trying to sneak in the few more bucks with British Pounds sterling!

I'd take the wishes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

I'd take the wishes, no doubt.

• Health and long lives for myself and all loved ones. What good is $100M if you die in a year?
  • The best of luck for myself and my loved ones. What good is $100M if you get hit by a bus tomorrow?
  • The best business savvy. You can make your money without directly wishing for money).
    • Alternative idea: wish for the ability to accurately predict the outcome of every major sporting event. Bam: you can make your money easily. :)
  • Never-ending happiness for myself and all loved ones. Cuz hell, even if you're poor, but you're happy, who gives a shit?

See, and I still have six wishes left.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Think I'd wish for Paulina and give her the remaining 9

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

If I had answered 100M, I would probably say something like "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush" and that that 100M could be turned into billions through wise investing to get me everything "I could wish for. . ."? Or could it???

Wishes could be something like:

Become super intelligent (in the 99.9999th percentile) without any of the side effects of being so smart, be great at all athletic endeavors, live for 1000 years or more and never have any diseases, illness or other affliction, Time travel, same for all my family and friends. . . who really needs all ten?

The time travel alone could turn into lots of $$$, but why would you care?

EDIT: I saw Erik's response and added all my friends and family.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'd take the wishes, no doubt.

Health and long lives for myself and all loved ones. What good is $100M if you die in a year?

The best of luck for myself and my loved ones. What good is $100M if you get hit by a bus tomorrow?

The best business savvy. You can make your money without directly wishing for money).

Alternative idea: wish for the ability to accurately predict the outcome of every major sporting event. Bam: you can make your money easily. :)

Never-ending happiness for myself and all loved ones. Cuz hell, even if you're poor, but you're happy, who gives a shit?

See, and I still have six wishes left.

I was just going to answer, "Duh, the wishes" and then add that I think people who said the 100 million just have no imagination.  This post helps prove that example. :beer:

I'd take the 10 wishes. First one would be that my back would be normal so I could play better golf... :-D

I was just going to answer, "Duh, the wishes" and then add that I think people who said the 100 million just have no imagination.  This post helps prove that example.:beer:

£100 mil would instantly improve anyone's imagination! I can already see my private golf course! Members only! Just me, my son, and half the LPGA! You should see the beer cart girls!!! One of them has 3 breasts!!

Gaz Lee

I wish I could average 300 yard drives.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I said 10 wishes, but that's assuming I'm not getting them from a jinni as maximally devious as they're depicted in folklore.  Like, I wish for health and a long life for me and all the people I care about (family, friends, etc.), and the jinni turns us all into pest and disease resistant sequoia trees or tortoises or something.  I don't want 10 wishes where I have to come up with a War and Peace length contract type document defining all the rules and terms that apply to the granting of that wish.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I wish I could average 300 yard drives.

Careful about the terms you wish for.  Remember you gotta wish for 300 yard drives with the shape and trajectory you want that finish right on target.  300 yards with a 45˚ pull or slice two fairways over don't help a whole lot :-O

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!