Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

S & T downswing

2 posts in this topic

I have the books, videos and have worked through the drills, methods etc. I know that I keep getting hung up in initiating and executing my downswing. My takeaway and backswing are fairly good I believe but I always feel like I am rushing from there into the downswing and trying to correct my movements from on. Anyone else work through this particular problem or find a great drill that helped them improve it? It's an old habit that I had even before S & T. The odd time that the habit doesn't come out my swing feels great and the result is always great as well. Please help.....I know I need to just slow down, but it's harder than it seems lol. Anyone who has worked through this knows exactly what I mean lol

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Hi Beedee, First off welcome to the SandTrap. There are a number of places on here that will help you with S&T; including a monster thread which you should look through here.

You should also browse around threads with 5SK as well.

After doing some reading and you are still struggling post your swing in the my swing section here for some help.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2-meals-a-day vs. 6-meals-a-day Debate
      Ahhhh, see, that's where you're mistake. 
    • Scotty Cameron Putters -- Are they for real?
      I would like to thank all who have responded to this thread.  I took all the information, did a little more research and went back to the golf center convinced I needed a new putter.  Although I like the idea of the Edel putters, and especially the fitting procedure, I wanted something I could take along on my golf trip to Alabama in January.  So, I went to the golf center not quite ready to buy the Scotty Cameron -- but real close. I decided to try out all the putters I had tried before.  I realized that the bigger the mallet, the better I putted.  I think the long line on the back of the putter caused me to see the line better and help me start my swing going straight back. Then I saw a putter that had a bigger mallet head that I hadn't tried before.  I hadn't tried it because, well, it was ugly.  It was an Odyssey Works Big-T V-Line.  I knew the minute I addressed the ball with that putter I was on to something.  It just felt right.  At this point I was putting from about 16' and not making many.  I missed on my first try with the Odyssey by about an inch to the left.  That was different because I usually miss right.  Then, I made 4 in a row, missed the next and made 2 more.  6 out of 8 from 16'.  I played a little putting tournament between the Odyssey and the Scotty Cameron -- 4 putts each.  I did this for about an hour.  Clearly, the Odyssey was the better putter in my hands.  I still think it's ugly, but I sure sank more putts. In addition to the longer alignment aid on the back, this putter was about 3/4" longer even though both the Odyssey and Scotty Cameron were marked 35".  I've had back problems (the reason I didn't play golf the last 20 years) and being able to stand slightly more upright really helped. Again, thanks for all the help. And, yes, I walked out of the golf center with a new Odyssey Big-T in the bag for my Alabama trip.  Robert Trent Jones, here I come. Later, John
    • 2015 NCAA Football
      OSU beats Michigan
      Michigan beats MSU
      MSU beats OSU

3-way tie they overall, since the only loses was to each other. 

1. The records of the 3-tied teams compared against each other. Which is 1-1.
      2. The records of the 3-tied teams compared within their own division. Which is 5-1. 
      3. The records of the 3-tied teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish. Which is 4-0.
      4. The records of the 3-tied teams will be compared against all common conference opponents. Which is 1-0, both Michigan and Ohio State beat Minnesota.
      5. The highest ranked team in the first College Football Playoff poll following the completion of Big Ten regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big Ten Championship Game, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of each other in the College Football Playoff poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big Ten Championship Game.

This one is a tad difficult. Assuming this scenario stays the same. Such that OSU beat Michigan and that would clearly drop them lower since it's this late in the season. I could see it being similar to the AP poll, MSU being ahead of OSU would put them in the Big Ten Title game. 
    • Interesting pairing on Friday's round and an etiquette lesson
      It was not the dad. The dad was a perfect gentleman and a pleasure to play with. The son did and said those things.  I wish I had the rules but it was fine. As Ive gotten older I have learned some things are not worth the effort. Karma caught up with him fast on that day and a round of golf he probably looked forward too for some time crumbled in front of him as he unravelled in front of his dad and myself. Hopefully he went home and thought about it but something tells me his arrogance doesnt allow for that type of reflection. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries