IGNORED

Hosting 3 Japanese golfers in US?

tomisinmd
Note: This thread is 3668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello!

Can anyone give me guidance on hosting one Japanese business collegue, and two of his business partners, here in the US for a round of golf?

The one is from my company, adnd he is bringing the other two for a machine installation.  I do understand they need to pay for their own rounds.  Other than that, IM lost!

I have played a couple of times in Japan and all over Asia. The biggest difference that I can tell you of is that golf in Asia is an all day event. They play 9, many times take a break eat something, then play nine more. Then a shower, eat a full meal and drink a beer. That means for you plan to have drinks and or lunch after the round and don't plan to hurry of. Then take them to dinner either at the club or at a nice place. The actual golf is pretty much the same.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just curious. If  this is related to a business and you're hosting them, shouldn't the company pay for their rounds?

If it's a weekend thing outside of work activities, I could see everyone paying their own way.

Always wear yellow underwear! It's a sign of respect, and when talking to them you must look at their left ear lobe and put you your left foot behind your right, it shows sincerity, Also, when waiting for a meal to arrive you should sit on your hands! It shows a Disciplined nature!

Gaz Lee

OK thanks for inputs.  I'm not hearing anything I should change.

I think what I was trying to say is, will they will be here to experience our culture, not be subjected to their own over here?

Note: This thread is 3668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!