IGNORED

My Swing (Harvey North)

Harvey North
Note: This thread is 3670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 3 1/2 years on and off, only had about 3 lessons in total.

My current handicap index or average score is: I recently just finished doing my handicap rounds for my club where I have become a member at and that is 21.

My typical ball flight is: medium height.

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I want to reduce the left to right on my driver but im not quite sure how to.

Videos: http://tinypic.com/r/t8us7b/8

Welcome to the site Harvey.

Several things to get you started my friend.

1. Video recording FO & DTL - take a look at this thread

2. Flare both of your feet about 20* each and then take a look at this posture thread below.  Flaring the feet will give your hips a little more room to turn and it looks like you have a slight arch in your lower back, so that can be a quick fix you can work on.. Take a look at the thread and it is explained in details.

3. You are basically flipping at the golf ball and you are not shifting your weight to your left foot on the downswing.. you should try and feel as if 95% of your weight is on your left foot by the time of impact and feel like you are squishing a bug when you start the downswing, take a look at this thread for more info.

4. If you are really serious at improving I also suggest you take a look at this thread on the 5 commonalities between all pro golfers called "5SK" i.e. 5 simple keys.

I think this should be enough right about now, I won't be able to really comment much more on your swing until you get some better video, but welcome to the site and I would really recommend you read the below thread as well to get you started!

Good Luck!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!