IGNORED

What Would You Serve at Your Masters Champions Dinner?

iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Shark Fin Soup

Really?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_finning

Yea, and Bluefin Tuna is borderline endangered. I didn't pick the most politically correct Masters meal, that's for sure.

To be fair, I had it only once, in Hong Kong, and it was amazing. But yea, it's messed up how they get the fins. My bad. Feel free to pass on that part of the meal.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Porterhouses all the way. Big fat sons of bitches too. Sweetwater by the gallons (local beer here in Atlanta) Fried Vidalia onion petals for appetizers (Georgia's own onion), plus all the stuff that goes with a steak.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Asparagus with fish?!

One of my favorite dinners ever!

A nice, fresh, never-frozen filet of Atlantic Salmon covered in Basil, Salt, Pepper and Vegeta (it's a seasoning, look it up). Drizzle that in some EVOO and lay it on a searing cedar plank on my Ducane. Then, you poach some asparagus to bring out the color and immediately throw it in an ice bath. Then, drizzle that in salt, pepper, garlic powder and EVOO and throw the asparagus on the grill for a few minutes. Once it's done, garnish in butter and a squeeze of fresh lemon. I do this while my wife is usually making our Rice Pilaf. I make it a habit to have this once a week.

Also, it's 9:20 AM and I'm freaking starving now after reading through this thread again.

Side Note: Keep the skin on your salmon and grill skin side down!! Grill until the skin is charred and the top becomes more opaque and "peach" in color (usually about 5-7 minutes @ 475). Then flip to get a nice crust and finish cooking. Prior to flipping, you can even separate the skin if you need to. My wife loves salmon but she cannot stand the sight of scaly fish skin, so it's a requirement that this is removed prior to me coming back in the house lol.

Side Note: Keep the skin on your salmon and grill skin side down!!

Essential.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

One of my favorite dinners ever! A nice, fresh, never-frozen filet of Atlantic Salmon covered in Basil, Salt, Pepper and Vegeta (it's a seasoning, look it up). Drizzle that in some EVOO and lay it on a searing cedar plank on my Ducane. Then, you poach some asparagus to bring out the color and immediately throw it in an ice bath. Then, drizzle that in salt, pepper, garlic powder and EVOO and throw the asparagus on the grill for a few minutes. Once it's done, garnish in butter and a squeeze of fresh lemon. I do this while my wife is usually making our Rice Pilaf. I make it a habit to have this once a week. Also, it's 9:20 AM and I'm freaking starving now after reading through this thread again. Side Note: Keep the skin on your salmon and grill skin side down!! Grill until the skin is charred and the top becomes more opaque and "peach" in color (usually about 5-7 minutes @ 475). Then flip to get a nice crust and finish cooking. Prior to flipping, you can even separate the skin if you need to. My wife loves salmon but she cannot stand the sight of scaly fish skin, so it's a requirement that this is removed prior to me coming back in the house lol.

What, pray tell, is EVOO?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Great thread!

I feel like I'd have to go back to my local MN roots and serve

• Jucy Lucy's (wide variety of cheeses)
  • Parmesan Walleye
  • Tater Tots/Onion rings
  • Veggies for the veggie people
  • Wide variety of the best Kentucky bourbons (I'm not from KY, but damn it I should be) - Manhattans being the signature drink
  • Gourmet Banana Splits w/ option to add peanut butter instead of pineapple

For the 2nd time I win the green jacket:

• King's Feast!
  • Massive turkey Legs
  • Huge Fruit Bowls (with wenches to serve grapes into mouths)
  • Whatever else the peasants want...I'll get it!
  • Honey Mead made by WineHaven

Picture of Jucy Lucy

Picture of King's Feast

*watch Game of Thrones on HBO this Sunday*

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

One of my favorite dinners ever!

A nice, fresh, never-frozen filet of Atlantic Salmon covered in Basil, Salt, Pepper and Vegeta (it's a seasoning, look it up). Drizzle that in some EVOO and lay it on a searing cedar plank on my Ducane. Then, you poach some asparagus to bring out the color and immediately throw it in an ice bath. Then, drizzle that in salt, pepper, garlic powder and EVOO and throw the asparagus on the grill for a few minutes. Once it's done, garnish in butter and a squeeze of fresh lemon. I do this while my wife is usually making our Rice Pilaf. I make it a habit to have this once a week.

Also, it's 9:20 AM and I'm freaking starving now after reading through this thread again.

Side Note: Keep the skin on your salmon and grill skin side down!! Grill until the skin is charred and the top becomes more opaque and "peach" in color (usually about 5-7 minutes @ 475). Then flip to get a nice crust and finish cooking. Prior to flipping, you can even separate the skin if you need to. My wife loves salmon but she cannot stand the sight of scaly fish skin, so it's a requirement that this is removed prior to me coming back in the house lol.

Too strong of a flavor for me with the fish.

I do cedar plank salmon all the time.  Instead of basil, I like a little fresh tarragon, but other than that, we're identical. :beer:

I have a bandsaw, so I buy cedar boards and resaw to thickness and crosscut to length.  I'll get 20 grilling planks from a single $10 8ft board.  A lot cheaper than buying the damn things at retail!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I do cedar plank salmon all the time.  Instead of basil, I like a little fresh tarragon, but other than that, we're identical.

I have a bandsaw, so I buy cedar boards and resaw to thickness and crosscut to length.  I'll get 20 grilling planks from a single $10 8ft board.  A lot cheaper than buying the damn things at retail!

I never thought to do that! I usually use the plank as a special occasion deal. I'll typically just smother my Kingsford Grill Grid in olive oil and use that. The damn thing is nearly a year old and is used 2-3 times per week and looks new!

I'll definitely have to give the tarragon a try. You should check out the Vegeta seasoning if you haven't heard of it or used it. My mother and her side of the family are all Romanian, so it was a staple in the household growing up. It's amazing in soups, stews and on fish/poultry. It's basically dehydrated vegetables and has a taste of its own.

I do cedar plank salmon all the time.  Instead of basil, I like a little fresh tarragon, but other than that, we're identical.

Used to set aside some cedar sections when gathering firewood several decades ago, then split off the planks for cooking from that. Fresh out of the woods with no processing chemicals from the lumber yards.  Seems like several of us have had cedar planked salmon in the past. I'm getting hungry. I'd better start working on my golf so I can get my score down so I can enter someday.... in my dreams.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I feel like I'd have to go back to my local MN roots and serve

Jucy Lucy's (wide variety of cheeses)

Saw these on an old episode of Man v. Food , and then saw them on a menu for the first time around here a few weeks back but didn't order one then, so last time I made homemade hamburgers, I tried to make it.  I don't know what the "official" recipe is, but all I did was make two thin patties out of the beef, then put a bunch of cheese on one and seal it between the two.

Again, not sure if they were anything close to authentic, but they were really, really good. :beer:

Carne Asada, Tortillas, Rice, Beans, and Tecate.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Used to set aside some cedar sections when gathering firewood several decades ago, then split off the planks for cooking from that. Fresh out of the woods with no processing chemicals from the lumber yards.  Seems like several of us have had cedar planked salmon in the past. I'm getting hungry. I'd better start working on my golf so I can get my score down so I can enter someday.... in my dreams.

Do NOT make the mistake of using cedar shingles.  They're treated and will ruin your dinner, and could make you sick!  Untreated boards are fine.

Ok, starting to drift OT, so back on topic......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

A big arse seafood boil with potatoes, sausage, corn, shrimp, clams and a shite ton of King and snow crab legs. Long tables lined with newspaper and several choices of ice cold beer including Fat Tire, Honkers Ale, Blue Point Lager and others. Screw desert :-D
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Here's what I wouldn't mind eating:

1) A nice Mint Julep with just a hint of bourbon and sweet cream swirling around the bottom to replace the sugar like a Thai iced tea.

2) Salad made with a bed of chopped kale greens, topped with grilled vegetables (thinly sliced zucchini, summer squash, a hint of eggplant all grilled with a crushed garlic olive oil) and dressed with pine nuts mixed with basalmic and olive oil, (optional anchovies bordering the side).

3) Shrimp cocktail with red sauce and a cream tartar served on a bed of crushed ice with 4 raw oysters garnishing the sides

4) Pan fried Chicken with small fluffy dumplings and large pieces of peach stewed into the mix and topped with a peach cream puree sauce topped with a hint of dried mint leaves.

5) Peach pie with homemade rum raisin ice cream dripping off the top and sides with fresh whipped cream on the side with tiny bits of fresh mint leaves churned into it.

6) Icy desert wine to finish off.

7) Coffee or Tea with shortbread biscuits

EDIT: Now I'm hungry.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano