IGNORED

LSW - Book Cover Design Discussion

Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think orange....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Red right? :-\

Look at the LSW badge in your (or my) signature. Definitely orange...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Look at the LSW badge in your (or my) signature. Definitely orange...

I get that, but the book cover doesn't have that same color. It's more red than orange.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Well, of all the people who bough the book, there was bound to be ONE unknowing colorblind person.

[quote name="saevel25" url="/t/73771/lsw-book-cover-design-discussion/60#post_1011162"] I get that, but the book cover doesn't have that same color. It's more red than orange.[/quote]Lol ... It couldn't be any more orange if it tried. Might not hurt to make an appointment with an optometrist. ;)

Add to the fact different monitors render colors differently and there's nevah gonna be any agreement. I can adjust my monitor settings to make it red. :-) Should have gotten the hardcover. Book is taking abuse between bags.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
It's orange, Matt. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's orange, Matt.

Well the hardcover has a darker tint to it, probably throwing it off. You can tell a slight difference between the hardcover and the soft cover book. Soft cover looks more orange than the hardcover.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Well the hardcover has a darker tint to it, probably throwing it off. You can tell a slight difference between the hardcover and the soft cover book. Soft cover looks more orange than the hardcover.

It's the OSU influence.  Everything is RED!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It's the OSU influence.  Everything is RED!

That would be Scarlet, but close enough.

No, I think it is the hardcover. Not sure if the white is a different shade, or hue, but when I put both books under a bright light the letters look more similar, and I admit orange. The paperback does seem to hold the orange more. When the hardcover is not under bright light, then it becomes darker tone, and less orange. Not outright red, but it gets that orangish-red look.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

That would be Scarlet, but close enough.

No, I think it is the hardcover. Not sure if the white is a different shade, or hue, but when I put both books under a bright light the letters look more similar, and I admit orange. The paperback does seem to hold the orange more. When the hardcover is not under bright light, then it becomes darker tone, and less orange. Not outright red, but it gets that orangish-red look.

I looks red on my screen ;-)

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

That would be Scarlet, but close enough.  No, I think it is the hardcover. Not sure if the white is a different shade, or hue, but when I put both books under a bright light the letters look more similar, and I admit orange. The paperback does seem to hold the orange more. When the hardcover is not under bright light, then it becomes darker tone, and less orange. Not outright red, but it gets that orangish-red look.

So it's easy to tell the difference between red and scarlet, but not red and orange?? ;)

So it's easy to tell the difference between red and scarlet, but not red and orange?? ;)

No I was just claiming OSU's primary color is Scarlet not red. I never said I could tell the difference :whistle:

Of course as I look at the paperback copy  I have now, it is very orange. This is not the color on the hardcopy. I'll post a picture of them side by side later today.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
No I was just claiming OSU's primary color is Scarlet not red. I never said I could tell the difference

Of course as I look at the paperback copy  I have now, it is very orange. This is not the color on the hardcopy. I'll post a picture of them side by side later today.

Ink behaves differently. No need for a picture - it's still orange. It might be "redder" than the paperbacks, but it's still orange.

I could mess with the white balance and other things and make it look blue if I wanted to. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ink behaves differently. No need for a picture - it's still orange.

I could mess with the white balance and other things and make it look blue if I wanted to. :)

This book is like being on an acid trip man!! So many different colors!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Ink behaves differently. No need for a picture - it's still orange.

This book is like being on an acid trip man!! So many different colors!!

Whoooaaa duuuuudde......  I think I read something about "earth energies" in the book as well.....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Whoooaaa duuuuudde......  I think I read something about "earth energies" in the book as well.....

Ground reactive forces man!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!