IGNORED

Indoor Putting Green

Royster1984
Note: This thread is 3663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have decided to turn our loft into a indoor putting green and I am seeking some advice about of couple of things from people that have some knowledge in this sort of thing.

Here is my room dimensions/layout.

At the minute the loft is just plain floor boards, so I have a open canvas. I was thinking about buying outdoor carpet and laying it straight over the top and cutting holes straight into the floor boards, has anyone tried this before??

Is outdoor carpet ok for indoor putting surface??

The outdoor carpet will work. It's available in several pile styles & colors. The one that imitates grass (astroturf) would be a good choice. Get the cut pile one in a decent quality. Most stores stock the base grade (which is junk) - ask to see samples for the better products.

They all made in a 6' & 12' width, so you'll be able to do your job in one piece.

Be sure to seal the raw edge (where you cut thru the carpet to make the hole) with seaming adhesive, so it does not fray.

If you're gluing it down, use a pressure sensitive adhesive.

do you need need to use underlay??

If you mean padding, no.

If you're referring to 1/4" plywood, only if the existing subfloor can not be prepped to make smooth/flat enough.

What would you do for slope?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
What would you do for slope?

Yeah. It's pointless if it's just a flat mat. May as well just have a single hole. Read my article on the main site. If you're gonna do it do it right. Use SynLawn turf instead of the Wittek turf. Then you can do breaks easily too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I actually ment the padding. The floor boards underneath will have slope in them as there are not flat. I will get a photo see, if you can give me any advice on them.

Note: This thread is 3663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!