IGNORED

20 people injured in PA school stabbing

Crim
Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-pennsylvania-high-school-stabbing-20140409,0,6765295.story

:-(

Thoughts and prayers to all the Pennsylvania people and their fams.

Expect many gun/weapon debates to come out of this....

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-pennsylvania-high-school-stabbing-20140409,0,6765295.story

Thoughts and prayers to all the Pennsylvania people and their fams.

Expect many gun/weapon debates to come out of this....

No gun?

Well that's gonna send the anti-gun crowd scrambling.  Everyone knows that all we have to do to end school, workplace, or any other kind of violence is to ban guns!

Thoughts and prayers with the injured and families.  String the little bastard up.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just feel for these kids and everyone involved in this.  Very sad.  My prayers go to the recovery of many of these people.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• Administrator

Well that's gonna send the anti-gun crowd scrambling.  Everyone knows that all we have to do to end school, workplace, or any other kind of violence is to ban guns!

It may.

I hate how every time something like this happens it sparks the "gun control" or "knife control" debate, while the perpetrator is made famous, and the stories of the victims and so on are lost in the shuffle as people simply look to capitalize and advance their position and/or standing.

That's almost as disgusting as the original act IMO.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It may.

I hate how every time something like this happens it sparks the "gun control" or "knife control" debate, while the perpetrator is made famous, and the stories of the victims and so on are lost in the shuffle as people simply look to capitalize and advance their position and/or standing.

Most people will react with trying to think of ways to prevent these things from happening.  It is a natural reaction.  After earthquakes, we talk about better construction techniques.  Floods, better levies.  After the Marathon bombing, a lot of the talk was about different agencies communicating better.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It may.

Totally agree.

What puzzles me is, why are so many of these kids committing such Violent acts in the last few years..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

It may.

Yea. Maybe we should be doing something about mental health in this country too, shifting the paradigm from "guns or no guns" to "please let's get these people the help they need so we can prevent as many tragedies as possible."

I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud. I don't claim to have any answers here. Just a tragedy.

Constantine

No gun?

Thoughts and prayers with the injured and families.  String the little bastard up.

Better to have 20 people injured than 40 people killed.

But I agree with the above poster, a shift towards better mental health is the best course to take to prevent these tragedies.

Bunch of people who's kids are still alive only because the stabber was the only person in America without access to a Bushmaster at home! Sorry Dave.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I agree in regards to shootings, however, I'm not sure I've ever heard of a "knife control" debate.  I imagine if it exists, I'll hear about it today though.

Bunch of people who's kids are still alive because the stabber was the only person in America without access to a Bushmaster at home! Sorry Dave.

I guarantee the anti-gun crowd will use that same argument......"it coulda been worse".  Interestingly, knives are universally illegal to posses at a school.  As always, laws don't deter people from committing illegal acts when they're intent on doing so.

Good buddy of mine is an international pilot for FedEx.  He tells how the Israeli security forces at Ben Gurion laugh their heads off at we stupid Americans.  They tell him, "Americans look for weapons, we look for terrorists!"

Such is this country though.  We blame the tool, not the carpenter.  Of course, that follows through to our golf game too......! ;-)

In David's bag....

What it shows is that someone motivated or mentally sick enough to hurt others will find a method to do so.  Guns may be easier but in their absence, knives, poison, explosives and airplanes can do plenty of damage.

This almost sounds like a scene from the show on Fox "The Following" where the cult members carry out mass attacks using knives.

Thoughts go out to all of those affected in PA.  As a parent, it's disturbing that a kid can walk into school with weapons and not be detected.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
My wife reminds me when these things happen that school is still the safest place for kids. And teachers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

All I know is that if he had a gun, there wouldn't have been 100% survival.

Prayers for the victims and families.

Bill M

What it shows is that someone motivated or mentally sick enough to hurt others will find a method to do so.  Guns may be easier but in their absence, knives, poison, explosives and airplanes can do plenty of damage.

This almost sounds like a scene from the show on Fox "The Following" where the cult members carry out mass attacks using knives.

Thoughts go out to all of those affected in PA.  As a parent, it's disturbing that a kid can walk into school with weapons and not be detected.

I'm not sure what's going on but when I was in school every single one of us had a pocketknife. It would have been weird to not have one. We used to play games with them on the playground. My dad was a teacher and he was always trading knives with the kids in his classes.

Although we had more than our share of fistfights around the school, and I was in my share of them, I never knew of somebody pulling a knife.

All I know is that if he had a gun, there wouldn't have been 100% survival.

Prayers for the victims and families.

Sure wish I had your crystal ball.....

Good grief.

In David's bag....

I'm not sure what's going on but when I was in school every single one of us had a pocketknife. It would have been weird to not have one. We used to play games with them on the playground. My dad was a teacher and he was always trading knives with the kids in his classes.

Although we had more than our share of fistfights around the school, and I was in my share of them, I never knew of somebody pulling a knife.

I doubt they were small pocket or Swiss army knives, more likely folding hunting or butterfly knives.

Joe Paradiso

What the hell is going on in the states?

When will they realize to look past the weapon and take a look at the people. What is making them do these things? ( a common occurrence it seems now ), What systems can we put in place to mitigate?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 3661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!