IGNORED

Calling all women, is the golf industry addressing your needs?

Golfer23342
Note: This thread is 3209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

With very few exception are there womens heads,besides color I have never seen one in tournement play. all of taylormades for example are the same heads.

They get the same heads as men, just a different shaft, for example Stace lewis uses an TM R1 head, with a graphite design AD di6 shaft  so yeah you won't find that off the shelf for men either. Its custom and part of a fitting process for her and Male players too.

True they're all playing men's clubs on the tour. Lexi Thompson plays the women's colors. Cobra just makes a set for her in the colors. She was playing a 7.5 degree Amp Cell Pro Driver in Teal in 2014. They don't make that color for men, and they don't make that loft for women.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Your average male golfer doesn't carry the ball 185 yards with a driver, how far do you think the average women carrys their ball with a driver?   I'll give you a clue, maybe 130 yards.

How did you arrive at this?  This is not what I see, especially for men.

Back to OT ... not so sure what you are trying to  say pertaining to the topic on hand.   If you are saying, women's golf market is small, hence, manufacturers don't cater to them and women make do with men's equipment.  That is true.

BTW, @DrvFrShow hits her drives well over 200 yards. :-)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I am not female, but I do have a wife who is only 4-foot-9.

She has trouble finding golf clubs and golf shoes.

About 20% of the women in the USA are 5-foot-2 or under.

Some golf club makers have petite models of golf clubs. The originals were Square Two Petites, promoted by Lopez; my wife got them in 1989. In general, modern petite clubs have shafts 1" shorter than standard for women, with a slightly flatter lie angle. Lie angle is a big problem for shorter women.

Last summer I finally talked my wife Shirley into getting new clubs. She got measured in great detail by a female player's rep at a local golf shop. Shirley ended up liking some Adams Idea Blackberry model women's set, in petite. We had discussed options with an Adams rep at a golf demo day two weeks prior, and then double-checked with him in Dallas as the order was placed.

One thing nice about Adams: the hybrids have a very long hosel, which means that Adams can factory-bend them up to 3º flat. This is just what Shirley needed. The Adams rep sent the set with grips "loose in the box" in case other adjustments needed to be made. This was good. The rep gripped up the 7 iron, had her test-hit it. Verdict: needed another 1/2" trimmed off clubs.

Shirley has played a few times, and really likes them. She really smokes the 4H and 5H - hits a consistent slight draw. But, it took a long time to get the golf OEMs to realize not all women are tall.

General critiques I hear from women golfers:

• Store reps don't take us seriously.
  • Not very many women work in golf retailing.
  • Most golf attire is designed for women under 25 years old.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

[QUOTE name="Spitfisher" url="/t/73824/calling-all-women-is-the-golf-industry-addressing-your-needs/18#post_1154445"]   Your average male golfer doesn't [U]carry[/U] the ball 185 yards with a driver, how far do you think the average women carrys their ball with a driver?   I'll give you a clue, maybe 130 yards. [/QUOTE] How did you arrive at this?  This is not what I see, especially for men.   Back to OT ... not so sure what you are trying to  say pertaining to the topic on hand.   If you are saying, women's golf market is small, hence, manufacturers don't cater to them and women make do with men's equipment.  That is true.  BTW, @DrvFrShow hits her drives well over 200 yards.   :-)

I think he means the general golfing public. 185 carry would translate to 200-205 yards and that's about right.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I play with my wife regularly.  Her only material complaints are affordable fashion / golf clothing items for a middle-age woman.  She buys lots of stuff online and sends 80% of it back because it either the look or fit is more suited to a 14-20 year old young lady.

As far as golf hardware, she pretty much has everything she needs and is extremely satisfied with her gear.  Also, she's never encountered anything anywhere at a course (public, private or resort) that even hinted at discrimination or negativity toward her because she's a woman. Actually, she plays faster than half the guys out there we see.

Honestly, golf appears to be quite female friendly based on playing probably 100 rounds with my wife.  She enjoys the game and experience greatly and doesn't feel excluded in any way except for clothing manufacturers giving her more choices.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

So I played with a woman today who told me the golf industry doesnt properly address womens equipment and accessories, among other things. Before getting into the details the round was over and I didnt get a chance to ask her what she meant. Ive heard from other women that the golf industry approaches everything from a male perspective, even when designing womens items. Im wondering what impact this is having on the game as statistics show that 2/3 of all new golfers are women, but most of the women leave the game shortly after starting.

So my question for all women golfers is A. do you feel the golf industry is properly addressing your needs and B. If your answer is no, what is missing and needs to be addressed

Not being a female, but my fiance is always complaining that pro shops never carry enough women's clothing or accessories.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I asked my cousin who is a pretty serious golfer about this...Her biggest complaint was clothing...As she put it she is dressing to play golf, not head out to the club on a Friday night.  She uses mens regular or senior flex gear.  She also told me that options are much better then 15 or so yrs ago on the equipment side.  Lots of lightweight shaft options.  But she hates the butt hugging super short skorts, skirts and such....She orders her clothes online...easier to find what she calls "normal clothes".  Which I interpret to be normal shorts and not super tight or revealing womens cut polo based on what I have seen her wear on the course.  She did say there are some sweet shoe options now.

[QUOTE name="Golfer23342" url="/t/73824/calling-all-women-is-the-golf-industry-addressing-your-needs#post_975026"]   So I played with a woman today who told me the golf industry doesnt properly address womens equipment and accessories, among other things. Before getting into the details the round was over and I didnt get a chance to ask her what she meant. Ive heard from other women that the golf industry approaches everything from a male perspective, even when designing womens items. Im wondering what impact this is having on the game as statistics show that 2/3 of all new golfers are women, but most of the women leave the game shortly after starting.  So my question for all women golfers is A. do you feel the golf industry is properly addressing your needs and B. If your answer is no, what is missing and needs to be addressed [/QUOTE] Not being a female, but my fiance is always complaining that pro shops never carry enough women's clothing or accessories.

More than likely the complaints are targeted at lack of apparel choices. ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

More than likely the complaints are targeted at lack of apparel choices.

Yes that would be correct.  3/4 of the shop is men's stuff and the rest is ladies, although i think ladies would spend more if there was more choices.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

More than likely the complaints are targeted at lack of apparel choices.

Yes that would be correct.  3/4 of the shop is men's stuff and the rest is ladies, although i think ladies would spend more if there was more choices.

Not all men are fashion illiterate like me or many others, and I bet they would like more choices in apparel as well. If golf shops were smart they would add a lot more to their clothing and shoe selections.

Just look at any jogging/running section at any department store. . .for both ladies and men. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!