IGNORED

Curious - which pro gets the most in-out with the least extension?

Note: This thread is 3664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I guess I was more interested in why the picture on the left is better for compression vs. the pic on the right. I assumed that getting into the position on the right would help with compression. The back thing I get.

Compression of what?

I think Mike was using not the best word (i.e. he probably should should have said less extended, closer to being in flexion), but you took it to mean compression on the golf ball perhaps?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Compression of what?

I think Mike was using not the best word (i.e. he probably should should have said less extended, closer to being in flexion), but you took it to mean compression on the golf ball perhaps?

Yeah sorry, we were talking about bad backs so I was talking about back "compression".

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Compression of what?

yes, that's what I thought he was referring to...hence my confusion.

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

Yeah sorry, we were talking about bad backs so I was talking about back "compression".

Sorry, I didn't put that into context. I wasn't sure if you were saying there was something about Faldo's swing in the left pic that helped him strike the ball better. Isn't the left pic one of his latest swings?

Brands I use:

Sorry, I didn't put that into context. I wasn't sure if you were saying there was something about Faldo's swing in the left pic that helped him strike the ball better. Isn't the left pic one of his latest swings?

Yeah within the last several years or so I think. The far right pic would generally result in a higher ball flight. Faldo is a great player so he can hit it well, "compress" it, with both swings. For most amateurs it can also help them swing outward or less inward.

@iacas actually started a thread today on the term "compression". Now you can start telling your buddies how you well you're deforming the ball ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yeah within the last several years or so I think. The far right pic would generally result in a higher ball flight. Faldo is a great player so he can hit it well, "compress" it, with both swings. For most amateurs it can also help them swing outward or less inward.

@iacas actually started a thread today on the term "compression". Now you can start telling your buddies how you well you're deforming the ball

wow, 6 hours behind on reading the latest threads and not keeping up the proper terminology has already led to confusion. :doh:

Brands I use:

Note: This thread is 3664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!