• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rock26

Taylormade R1 Driver Question

7 posts in this topic

I was lucky enough to have a friend who hated his R1 and decided to give it to me..  Now that I am the new owner of a slightly used R1 I have a few questions..

1, My friend is 6'8 and decided to buy it with a extra stiff shaft, I normally hit a stiff shaft and mentioned to another friend that I was planning on getting another shaft for it and he said that it was a bad idea because the stock shaft is matched to the club.  Has anyone replaced their shaft on the R1 and would anyone have any advice?

2, I guess his girlfriend hit it a few times and there is a chip on the the paint on the crown, no damage just missing paint chip.  Does anyone have any advice on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for all your help..

Rocky

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I wouldn't worry about changing the shaft, pros do it all the time with a variety of shafts.

Awards and Achievements

Thanks, anyone ave any feed back about the paint chip?

Yeah, leave it.

Fingernail polish/paint if the chip bothers you. Comes with a brush in the bottle, mix and match or blend colors to match the club head. That or hobby model car paint. Lots of color choices there as well.

Thanks, that is a great idea.

This question is similar to one i have at the moment. Will a TP loft sleeve fit in the non TP driver? Im looking at shaft and sleeve combos on amazon, but they all seem to have the .335 sleeve for the TP version, where as the regular is a .350 for the shaft end. I just dont know if the .355/.350 is just for the shafts or for the sleeve housing as well.