• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ayouden

Driver Broken (Really Loud!)

5 posts in this topic

Hey,

Recently my Callaway Hyper X driver has been REALLY loud when I strike the ball.

Before this, It was semi loud, but now is is 100%-200% louder!

When I have been on the range it leaves my ears ringing and a few other people to ask to stop using it!

My best bet is that there is a crack in the head of the club, But I can see no visible marks.

Has anyone else had this with their driver, and found what was at fault?

Thanks

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Couldn't tell ya, but the next person on the range to tell you stop practicing, I would tell them, unless they plan on buying me a replacement put a sock in it in the nicest way possible, haha.

Have you called Callaway, or a pro shop..???

Awards and Achievements

Yea, I just called the store I bought it from and they would have a look at it for me.

They said it probably would be a crack in the face of the driver, and that they would send it to Callaway to get fixed.

After that I rang Callaway themselves to try and find out a price for a replacement head.

BUT, with the model being 5-6 years old, they don't have any more heads.

Sooooooo, looks like I am on a hunt for a new driver :(

That's interesting that you note a Callaway driver as being louder than usual from the start. My experience (from playing with others) has been that Callaway and Titleist generally have the most muted sound to their drivers, while Ping and Taylormade are usually the loudest. Perhaps this is a more recent trend since you also noted your driver was older (nothing wrong with that by the way, I love my G10).

Awards and Achievements