IGNORED

need some advice on club upgrades, I'm 6'4"

Note: This thread is 3633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all I've been golfing for a few years now. I play a set of garage sale specials and shot a 110 last week. I'm looking to upgrade to some new to me clubs. I'd like a good set to help shave some strokes off my game but I really have no idea where to start. What to buy or where to shop. I live in the South Bend, IN area and would like to keep costs down. Say $200 to $300. Pretty much would just like to get my game consistently under 100 strokes or better. Any thoughts anyone could offer would help. Thanks in advance. Also I'm like 6 foot 4 so maybe some extended clubs might be needed. I'm not sure about this though either. Thanks again

Welcome to the site @jckuhl.  A good place to start would be understanding what length clubs you would need.  The best advice would be to get properly fit.  But at your budget, you can get a good start by checking out on-line fitting.  Check out Ping's on-line fitting section.

http://www.ping.com/fitting/nflightweb.aspx

From there, you can look at getting some decent used clubs to fit you.  Some retailers, like Golfsmith, carry used clubs, which may be a good place to start.  E-bay is also a good place to find decent used club if you know what you are looking for.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the input. I'm going to check out the on line fitting. Buying clubs of the Internet scares me bit though as I wouldn't be able to swing or hit any balls first. But maybe I can go to a store or pro shop and try out any I find online, then go home and go the Internet route if I like them. I'll post what I find on here first so I don't end up with a more expensive set of clubs that don't help my game at all. Thanks to everyone again. There are just so many options out there I'm overwhelmed.

When my son wanted to take up golf about a year and a half ago, I did not want to spend top dollar until I knew he would keep playing.

I got him a set of Callaway X20's off ebay for something like $200$220 plus free shipping. When we got them they looked close to new a scratch here and there only.

He still plays them now and is on the HS team, we have only re-griped about 2 months ago, so don't discount ebay look at the feed back others leave.

I don't recall the ebay store but I am sure others on here will be able to help you with that?

If you have a store to go try out what they have until you find a brand you like and check out ebay or look at there used section. Rodger Dunn has a large used club area just about every make and model. Callaway has a pre-owned section online that they run deals all the time.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!