IGNORED

Went to Dick's Sporting Goods for a driver fitting/comparison and...

amac
Note: This thread is 3628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I decided to see if either the Callaway Alpha or SLDR could/would outperform in spin, launch, ball speed and carry versus my R1.  I don't know what launch monitor system they use, but the numbers were pretty similar across the board for all clubs.  I did some minor adjusting with the other two and left my club settings the same.  What's most concerning is the ball spin numbers.  I've mentioned in another thread about attending a TM demo day and producing extremely low spin numbers with my R1 (low meaning 1900).  Only to get in front of Trackman later the same day and post whopping high spin rates up to 3600!  So, Dick's posted my spin rate at an average of 2400, launch angle of 16.5 and club head speed of 95.  The launch angle and chs are identical to Trackman, but I just don't trust the spin rate.  What's more, all three clubs tested produced the same results, so I didn't make any club changes.  I am letting go of the idea a new club will change my results.  I am also growing more cynical of my local shops ability to properly fit me. YMMV

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

I would not trust the spin numbers either. Best to go with a FlightScope or Trackman.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would not trust the spin numbers either. Best to go with a FlightScope or Trackman.

Noted.  The thing that bothers me most is that golf shops are pushing product based on this information and consumers are buying it up as fast as they can.  Problem is, the data may be inaccurate and thus what you thought was a low spin, high launch driver is the same high spin, mid launch you traded in.  A simple warning to those on this forum, get multiple fittings to compare numbers for consistency and or find someone using Trackman.

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

Note: This thread is 3628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!