Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iacas

The Insides of Golf Balls (Cut in Half)

9 posts in this topic

http://www.jamesfriedmanphotographer.com/index.php?/projects/photo/129

Some of them are surprisingly pretty, even if you've seen the insides of golf balls before…

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

http://www.jamesfriedmanphotographer.com/index.php?/projects/photo/129

Some of them are surprisingly pretty, even if you've seen the insides of golf balls before…

Some of them look like flavors of ice cream :drool:

Amazing to see the differences that lie beneath the covers of modern balls. I used to love hacksawing wound golf balls in my youth. Cut about halfway, and the ball would "come alive", as the rubber windings under tension would crawl out and emerge. All that wound energy slowly emerging from beneath the cover. It could look pretty frightening at times.,..

A few look unbalanced or off center, I wonder what each ball is/was. I might have to do some ball chopping. Thanks for sharing the link.

Maybe I didn't see it, but it would be cool if they said what brand each ball was

Do you think the colour of the polymers used inside the ball are coloured for any particular reason? They are pretty but why bother colouring them?

Do you think the coloIur of the polymers used inside the ball are coloured for any particular reason? They are pretty but why bother colouring them?

I am not sure but I think it is so when they mix the resin they know what ones go into what balls. As I have cut open a few balls from the same brand but they were different series of balls from the same brand and they were different colors.

I am not sure but I think it is so when they mix the resin they know what ones go into what balls. As I have cut open a few balls from the same brand but they were different series of balls from the same brand and they were different colors.

Seems like a valid theory. I think it's so the people working in the ball factory have something pretty to look at :-P

That is part of it.  Also, during inspections any variation in color will uncover a molding issue.