IGNORED

Am I crazy

Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So two years ago I had a sumo2 driver with a regular shaft and hit it around 275 straight. Iv gone through 2 different new drivers cobra amp and callaway doable octane tour both stiff. And I'm slicing My swing speed is 110-115mph Does it make sense that I hit the Regular flex straighter?

So two years ago I had a sumo2 driver with a regular shaft and hit it around 275 straight. Iv gone through 2 different new drivers cobra amp and callaway doable octane tour both stiff. And I'm slicing My swing speed is 110-115mph

Does it make sense that I hit the Regular flex straighter?

The ball doesn't care what flex your driver shaft is. Your slice comes from a swing fault just like everyone else's, and 2 years is a long time; it's very likely that you had a phase of hitting the driver fairly well and developed bad habits from there.

As an aside, the biggest slices I ever hit came from swing speed training. I confirmed that I had good speed but that's about all I got out of it. When I hit my driver badly I correct it by emphasizing Key #1 and it usually helps me straighten out by improving my ballstriking. Key #2 is good for consistent controlled power and #3 is important to controlling the driver. That's my opinion anyway.

Swing speed in and of itself is something to work on if you're already really really good or if you're training for long drive comps. It's not difficult to improve that number and it's very rewarding for those who like instant gratification. As a result, one can fall into the trap and regress in the ballstriking and accuracy department which are both more important.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So two years ago I had a sumo2 driver with a regular shaft and hit it around 275 straight. Iv gone through 2 different new drivers cobra amp and callaway doable octane tour both stiff. And I'm slicing My swing speed is 110-115mph

Does it make sense that I hit the Regular flex straighter?

Stands to reason that it could, for the same reason that many people hook the ball if their shaft is too flexible.

Basically it could be fixing the fact that your club face is too open to the swing path.

Best answer with that club head speed is to fix the face angle at impact with the stiff shaft.

Or.

Just own it and use the regular flex (even though you are probably losing something in power).

Another thing to consider when buying clubs: Shafts from different companies are not uniform in their labels of "Stiff" or "Regular".

Stands to reason that it could, for the same reason that many people hook the ball if their shaft is too flexible. Basically it could be fixing the fact that your club face is too open to the swing path. Best answer with that club head speed is to fix the face angle at impact with the stiff shaft.  Or. Just own it and use the regular flex (even though you are probably losing something in power).  Another thing to consider when buying clubs: Shafts from different companies are not uniform in their labels of "Stiff" or "Regular".

Ya that makes sense. I'm really focusing on getting that good face angle at impact but I'm really inconsistent with it right now. Anyone know some good drills or swing thoughts on tht?

Ya that makes sense. I'm really focusing on getting that good face angle at impact but I'm really inconsistent with it right now. Anyone know some good drills or swing thoughts on tht?

Got Video..? Post your swing in the My swing forum, I think you'll get a more accurate fix that way.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!