IGNORED

Any idea how much this driver is worth?

Note: This thread is 3635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Only once saw one that got left beside a green which looked very much like that except I remember the medallion was a little different more like a half sun burst? ala MG700. Returned it to the owner and they were not even concerned it was missing, very casual about the whole thing. Speaking of MG700 ...

Holy cow that is $4600 per club if I'm reading that correctly? Anyway on their website they give a warning about grey market and counterfeit clubs but I suppose that could just be standard disclaimer stuff.

For me to pay $4600 per club or about $65,000 for a set of clubs, it would need to be hand forged by the Elves of Lorien from gold and Mithril dug up by the Dwarves of Moria molded into one of the 9 rings of power and welded back into the "one driver that rules them all".

Seriously, how many Donald Trumps are there that would purchase these clubs?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People buy $100K watches, $500K cars, $65K golf clubs aren't out of the question if you consider them a status symbol of the very (very!) wealthy. Put them in a Louis Vuitton golf bag ($5000) and you've got what you wanted...a statement.

Money can't buy happiness and certainly can't buy a swing.

Back on topic, that's a good looking club that is doing it's primary task very well. And that is to garner attention.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

You got that right Oldblu.  If you won't envy my swing you will envy my wealth, as expressed in these golden golf clubs.

It would just make me feel uncomfortable if he gets rock marks and dummy marks on them. With all the money they have, I'm sure any prospective owner would be a single digit from $$$$ poured into lessons. Maybe even Honma would require you to play well to qualify to use them? Or offer lessons?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Maybe even Honma would require you to play well to qualify to use them? Or offer lessons?

I don't know. ;-) I've seen some really rich people doing a lot of hacking in those Pro-Ams. The scary part is that they probably have had lessons. I would hate to see the "before".

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, no way would I purchase these clubs: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-75000-set-of-golf-clubs-2013-05-31

But. . .I just partnered with a proud Honma owner. Note the wear on the clubs. He swears by them.

He let me "air swing" them, and they feel really light and sweet. The shafts felt very sturdy even though they feel really light. Almost like they were filled with helium.

His driver, woods and hybrids are also all Honma. I have to admit, they seem to hit well. He is an elder gentleman (mid to late 60s?), but was getting the balls out where they needed to be.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Wow, no way would I purchase these clubs: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-75000-set-of-golf-clubs-2013-05-31

But. . .I just partnered with a proud Honma owner. Note the wear on the clubs. He swears by them.

He let me "air swing" them, and they feel really light and sweet. The shafts felt very sturdy even though they feel really light. Almost like they were filled with helium.

His driver, woods and hybrids are also all Honma. I have to admit, they seem to hit well. He is an elder gentleman (mid to late 60s?), but was getting the balls out where they needed to be.

Are my eyes f'ing with me, or is that seriously an "11 iron"?

Quote:

Whoa!!  Good spot..

Never heard of that either.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I'm guessing somewhere in the neighbourhood of 50 degrees? Basically a Gap Wedge. Some folks call a PW a 10 iron.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Whoa!!  Good spot..

Never heard of that either.

I'm guessing somewhere in the neighbourhood of 50 degrees? Basically a Gap Wedge. Some folks call a PW a 10 iron.

Yes, that's what caught my eye first. It's a sand wedge. The 10 is the PW.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

More like a Gap Wedge. Most sand wedges are 54-56 degrees which is a BIG gap from a pitching wedge. I guess they used "11" because ギャップウェッジ wouldn't fit on the sole. B-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

More like a Gap Wedge. Most sand wedges are 54-56 degrees which is a BIG gap from a pitching wedge. I guess they used "11" because ギャップウェッジ wouldn't fit on the sole.

:-$

Only the Japanese would build $75,000 clubs,. . . and actually sell them.

I shouldn't laugh, because the rest of Asia might be next. :blink:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

As was said, it isn't likely a sand wedge. Upper-right, under the 3i, there's one labeled "S," which I assume is the proper SW.

As was said, it isn't likely a sand wedge. Upper-right, under the 3i, there's one labeled "S," which I assume is the proper SW.

True, but he used the 11 club for bunkers which caught my eye. I didn't stop to look at the picture I took, I guess. :8)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

You guys are missing an even bigger strangeness in that image.  The dude is rocking a pull-cart!!???  Someone with enough scratch to afford 4K clubs should have a caddy totin' the rock!

You guys are missing an even bigger strangeness in that image.  The dude is rocking a pull-cart!!???  Someone with enough scratch to afford 4K clubs should have a caddy totin' the rock!

Maybe the caddy uses the pull cart???

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Honma clubs are big-time "image" clubs in Japan. You need to have at least one Honma club in your bag just in case your boss decides to take you out for a round of golf one day. As you probably know, golf is very expensive in Japan, so you need to make a good impression when golfing with the head man.

Note: This thread is 3635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!