IGNORED

do titleist ap2s and titleist mbs work in a combo set?

Note: This thread is 3649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I currently play 710 ap2s 4-pw and was considering switching to the mbs in my 7-pw. I like the look and feel of the mbs in the shorter irons and can get a pretty good deal. do you think the two irons are too different for a combo set?

I think the clubs look similar enough that they would blend well together.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd say the opposite :(

If you compare the specs between the two, then the AP2 has stronger lofts - the different ball flight produced by the tungsten weighting enhances distance. So potentially, you may find a big yardage gap between your 6 and 7-iron - not good.

I could understand using maybe the 3 and 4-iron from AP2's mixed into the MB set, but as a combo set as a whole in my opinion anyway, they are too different to be made to work together.

I know some golfers have tried to combo the AP2's and MB's but I'm not sure how it worked out for them.  The AP2's have 1* stronger loft compared to the MB's.  In addition to the potential yardage gap @Nemicu suggested there might be, the MB's are significantly smaller and less forgiving than the AP2's so make sure you can hit them well.

Joe Paradiso

I see no reason why they won't work. If your yardages are off at the transition, just have them bent to conform. As long as it is not a large loft change.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!