IGNORED

How many of your are Ebay buyers?

ChvyKc
Note: This thread is 5859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Where do you buy from?

• Retail Stores
    • Online Stores
    • Ebay

Just wondering where most of you guys get your equipment. I'm a little sketchy on buying from ebay but you can get some incredible deals on there.

Edit: This is meant for where you buy the most. I am sure that most of you buy from multiple places including used equipment but just vote for the one that you are most likely to buy from.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never bought golf equipment from eBay. I generally but from other online stores.
-Mike

Driver: 450cc, 12 degree
Irons: Rifle steel shafts
Fairway Woods: R7 HybridPutter: Marilyn GPS: Garmin Golflogix GPS-8

You didn't have a choice for All of the Above. I tend to buy retail to support the local guys, but I often browse Ebay for crazy deals.

I guess I meant where you buy from the most. I am sure that if I find a really good deal at either an online store or Ebay that I will pick it up. For the most part, I'm like you, I like to support the local guys.

I buy from all of the above. I have bought some clubs off of ebay - there is a whole thread on counterfeit clubs on ebay - search around for that. The clubs I have bought from ebay have all come from 3ballsgolf - they have all been in as good as or better condition as described, and I've gotten good deals on the auctions I've won.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I support the local guys for all my small things, new spikes, tee's... gloves but when it comes to clubs its all about online. free shipping, no sales tax you'd be insane to shop in the physical retail market.

now about ebay I think it can be sketchy but you need to take the right steps before making a purchase, just look at their rating and if they are a power seller. I also avoid stock photos, I love seeing someone's foot in the picture or when you can tell it obviously came from someone's personal digital camera.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Retail prefered. However some of the small retail businesses do branch out to Ebay. you can save a few bucks.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

I buy from both eB and retail stores.

My irons, current and last driver, woods, and some golf shoes were bought at local golf or retail stores if possible. Bought an R7 driver, Never Compromise GM2 Exchange putter off eB as well as a driver and two hybrids from an online retailer. I like to try out clubs before I purchase so I like going to a brick and mortar store. But if there’s a club I really want and can’t wait for the price to go down, then I go to eB. I try to limit my eB purchases from sellers who have a good track record of selling golf clubs to make sure I don’t get stuck with knock-offs. I personally sold a lot of my clubs through eB and online forums when I am looking to upgrade and eB is the way to go and never had a club not sell if priced right.
In my Viper by Hippo Golf stand bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore 10.5° Fujikara reg. flex
Woods: 3- MacGregor NVG2 Fujikara reg. flex
Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid
Irons: Titleist 775.cb w/Graphite Shafts (5-GW)Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Action SW & 60° lob Putter: Taylor Made Monza...

Ebay is great but it is addictive. if you are skeptical look at the sellers rating and percentage. If they have 100% positive and multiple sales you will get your item. Also only buy from those that take pay pal. great deals out there if you are patient.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

I shop at all three. Usually I tend to go to the stores and websites besides eBay for smaller things, and for more expensive things such as drivers I look on eBay for good deals before I go to the store.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

All of my clubs and balls are from ebay. Can't beat the deals.
in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

I'm just a little worried about if I have a problem with one of my clubs that I will be stuck with it. Lets say that I buy a club from Ebay and on my first round with it the head develops a crack or something else goes wrong with it. If I bought it from Dicks Sporting Goods then I can go back out there and get another one right away. On the other hand, if I bought it from ebay the guy could have skipped town or it might take forever to get my club back. I guess that is why you pay full retail for that convenience.

There's some crazy deals on Ebay I just can't pass up. I'm a sucker for wedges and putters, I've got lots of them. Whenever I see something that's going to close soon without a bid, sometimes I throw a silly bid on them just to see. I caught a used Titleist sand wedge for .99 cents on Monday! hipping and all was like $10. Who wouldn't buy that? Hell, I intend to keep it in the office for practicing soft chips and bump putts with. Or stuff it in my spare bag. Or... who cares, it was $10 shipped!

I mainly buy from my club pro's shop. I have bought a few things on ebay.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

I have over 40 transactions on EBAY, a mixture of buying and selling. I just recently bought 2 dozen AAA quality Pro V1's and a set of Redskins head covers. I have only been stiffed once 2 yrs ago by a seller selling a Orioles jacket in which I never received.......

ebay is the place to buy golf clubs and balls!

In my bag
Driver FT-5 10*
3-wood: tour burner
5-wood: sasquatch
Irons: x-18 pro seires 4-PWWedges: X Tour 52* 56* 60*putter: Sabertoothball: TP blackFirst ace: 20/09/2007

Note: This thread is 5859 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!