IGNORED

Speaking of yelling FORE...............

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The proper reaction is to TURN AWAY from the 'Voice" and DUCK!! If I hear those 4 letters, I might even jump behind my cart or a tree or anything........   I try to place an object between me and the "voice" whenever possible!

It always cracks me up when I or somebody else yells FORE......... there's always one knucklehead that turns to face in our direction as if he's going to be able to see the flight of the ball before it hits him in the forehead.    End rant......  LOL

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I usually cover my head with my arms.  But I have seen what you have described.  These are the same ancestors that the lions would have weeded out in the Serengeti for us when we were still evolving!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The proper reaction is to TURN AWAY from the 'Voice" and DUCK!!   If I hear those 4 letters, I might even jump behind my cart or a tree or anything........   I try to place an object between me and the "voice" whenever possible!

It always cracks me up when I or somebody else yells FORE......... there's always one knucklehead that turns to face in our direction as if he's going to be able to see the flight of the ball before it hits him in the forehead.    End rant......  LOL

Yep, there's always one.  It's actually pretty damn funny.  One of these days that guy's gonna catch one right between the eyes.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yep, there's always one.  It's actually pretty damn funny.  One of these days that guy's gonna catch one right between the eyes.

In "that guys" defense, he may have been an athlete in his younger days.  The equivalent to "fore" on a baseball or football practice field is what?

It's "HEADS UP!!!!"

Literally speaking, you're being asked to look up and find the ball so you can catch it.  Not sure why he's thinking he'll be able to track, then catch, a tiny golf ball, but perhaps that's simply the instinctual reaction from the ex-baseball player?

In "that guys" defense, he may have been an athlete in his younger days.  The equivalent to "fore" on a baseball or football practice field is what?

It's "HEADS UP!!!!"

Literally speaking, you're being asked to look up and find the ball so you can catch it.  Not sure why he's thinking he'll be able to track, then catch, a tiny golf ball, but perhaps that's simply the instinctual reaction from the ex-baseball player?

Or it could just be natural selection in action.  A little chlorine in the 'ole gene pool so to speak..... :-D

In David's bag....

I guess you should hide behind your golf bag? Protect the eyes, the head from all positions, and genitals (ouch wouldn't want to get hit there by a golf ball!!!!)

I remember we were taught in the army to

-lie on your stomach

-keep your legs together, soldier's fat buttocks and thighs are guarding the family jewels

-put your face in the dirt

-and put your hands behind your neck.

That's in case of enemy artillery attack! I suppose it might protect a little bit against shrapnel, but you never really know, do you? A soldier would have shrapnel protecting vest, front and back. Together with helmet, protecting the head. Soldier's fatty legs and butt protecting the genitals. And hands protecting the neck.

I suspect that the optimal safety position, in open terrain vs golf balls

-sitting position, back towards the danger, genitals are protected

-tuck in your head near your chest.

-try to protect your neck AND the top of your head, with your forearms

Golf ball might still hit you in the kidneys or something, which would be the worst case I suppose? But would it really do damage though? You couldn't reasonably protect your back in this sort of case study (open terrain, somebody yells fore)

I guess you should hide behind your golf bag? Protect the eyes, the head from all positions, and genitals (ouch wouldn't want to get hit there by a golf ball!!!!)

I remember we were taught in the army to

-lie on your stomach

-keep your legs together, soldier's fat buttocks and thighs are guarding the family jewels

-put your face in the dirt

-and put your hands behind your neck.

That's in case of enemy artillery attack! I suppose it might protect a little bit against shrapnel, but you never really know, do you? A soldier would have shrapnel protecting vest, front and back. Together with helmet, protecting the head. Soldier's fatty legs and butt protecting the genitals. And hands protecting the neck.

I suspect that the optimal safety position, in open terrain vs golf balls

-sitting position, back towards the danger, genitals are protected

-tuck in your head near your chest.

-try to protect your neck AND the top of your head, with your forearms

Golf ball might still hit you in the kidneys or something, which would be the worst case I suppose? But would it really do damage though? You couldn't reasonably protect your back in this sort of case study (open terrain, somebody yells fore)

Marines don't have fat butts, legs, and thighs......

:-D

In David's bag....

THAT'S WHY I SAID SOLDIERS NOT MARINES LEARN TO READ PLEASE :beer: :banana: :-D

I'M ASSUMING YOU'RE WITH ARTILLERY? :-$

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

THAT'S WHY I SAID SOLDIERS NOT MARINES LEARN TO READ PLEASE :beer: :banana: :-D

I know, that's why I had to make the distinction, lest anyone thought that we Marines are fat too! I mistakenly assumed that even a soldier would have understood my point. I should have known better. My bad.... :-D

In David's bag....

I know, that's why I had to make the distinction, lest anyone thought that we Marines are fat too!

I mistakenly assumed that even a soldier would have understood my point. I should have known better. My bad....

All of you military guys are probably going to tear me a new one for this, but I have to ask anyway:

I thought the term "soldier" was generic and would apply to any military people; Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines?  I just assumed it was generic for "not an officer."

All of you military guys are probably going to tear me a new one for this, but I have to ask anyway: I thought the term "soldier" was generic and would apply to any military people; Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines?  I just assumed it was generic for "not an officer."

Absolutely not! You have soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines.

In David's bag....

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

It's "HEADS UP!!!!"

Chuckle.   My immediate reaction is to duck a little but I wonder about its effectiveness.  Unless you immediately get under a cover, moving around does not help.   If you are unlucky, you can duck and the ball can still find you right between your eyes.  Golf and Murphy's law go hand in hand.   Good luck to us all.

(and more of than not, by the time you hear "fore," it's usually too late.)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I'M ASSUMING YOU'RE WITH ARTILLERY?

That made me chuckle.. :-$

Whats worse is clown who hits his second, from an adjoining fairway, and hits the biggest slice with a 7i from about 30 yds away, does Not yell fore, and I get clocked above my right eye with his friggen ball.

I hit a guy who looked up. He was playing from a fairway bunker that was on my hole trying to get back into his fairway. I hit a big screaming hook left towards

this fairway bunker. The left side of it was obstructed from view by a weeping willow. We all crouched down and all you could see was this guys legs...FORE...then all you could see was his legs kind of quiver and down he goes. He was still laying in the sand when we got there. Caught him right between the eyes. Apologies offered, he said he was ok, so we play on. Afterwards I apologize again and buy his group drinks. He had a lump a bout the size of half a golf ball right between the eyes. He never did acknowledge my apology.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

I know, that's why I had to make the distinction, lest anyone thought that we Marines are fat too!

I mistakenly assumed that even a soldier would have understood my point. I should have known better. My bad....

All of you military guys are probably going to tear me a new one for this, but I have to ask anyway:

I thought the term "soldier" was generic and would apply to any military people; Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines?  I just assumed it was generic for "not an officer."

Despite the Marines ego trip, a soldier is generic for most any ground pounder, but it's most often applied to Army.  Contrary to the opinions of Marines, the Army these days is pretty good (certainly better than it was in my day), and the elite soldiers of the Army Rangers and Special Forces are as well trained as Marine Recon or Navy Seals.

The term "soldier" does not  apply to Navy sailors or to Air Force airmen.  Even an Army officer is still a soldier, although I've met a couple of butterbar second lieutenants whose "soldierness" could be called to question.

I don't think that any of them will be looking up to see the artillery shells coming in, and maybe that's good training for not looking for golf balls when someone yells "Fore!" :smartass:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Despite the Marines ego trip, a soldier is generic for most any ground pounder, but it's most often applied to Army.  Contrary to the opinions of Marines, the Army these days is pretty good (certainly better than it was in my day), and the elite soldiers of the Army Rangers and Special Forces are as well trained as Marine Recon or Navy Seals.

The term "soldier" does not  apply to Navy sailors or to Air Force airmen.  Even an Army officer is still a soldier, although I've met a couple of butterbar second lieutenants whose "soldierness" could be called to question.

I don't think that any of them will be looking up to see the artillery shells coming in, and maybe that's good training for not looking for golf balls when someone yells "Fore!"

In my 22 year career in the Marine Corps, I never once heard a Marine referred to as a "soldier".  Not once.  Should it happen, any Marine would immediately correct the offending party.

And yeah, some Army guys are pretty damn good.  That doesn't mean we don't bust their balls though.....and you should hear what we say about the Navy! ;-)

Alright, I'm back on topic now......

In David's bag....

Just a sidenote, about this whole soldier thing. I know it's funny when the Americans have the silly different distinctions for marines, sailors and airmen, but I suppose it's ok...

Linguistically you used to have only sailors and soldiers in the olden times. Although you still had troops such as Royal Marines in the times of the American Revolution, who were used to attack from ships, to the enemy ships and capture the ships in battle.

I never said I had been an American soldier. I had to go to the army of my country (Finland) because of conscription, so yeah...

I was not in artillery, but rather in combat arms, anti-tank troops. A soldier.

:smartass:

Note: This thread is 3641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!