IGNORED

Speaking of yelling FORE...............

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my 22 year career in the Marine Corps, I never once heard a Marine referred to as a "soldier".  Not once.  Should it happen, any Marine would immediately correct the offending party. And yeah, some Army guys are pretty damn good.  That doesn't mean we don't bust their balls though.....and you should hear what we say about the Navy!   ;-) Alright, I'm back on topic now......

Easy David, my son's in the Navy. :-D

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Easy David, my son's in the Navy.

Some of my best buddies are in the Navy.

Marines and sailors have a long history together and tend to bust each other's chops unmercifully.   Don't let someone from another service jump in though, or we tend to circle the wagons pretty quickly.  Similar to kids.  I can beat on my little brother, but no one else had better touch him! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Some of my best buddies are in the Navy. Marines and sailors have a long history together and tend to bust each other's chops unmercifully.   Don't let someone from another service jump in though, or we tend to circle the wagons pretty quickly.  Similar to kids.  I can beat on my little brother, but no one else had better touch him!   :beer:

My boy says the exact same thing when it comes to Marines and Sailors. I was in the Army and he busts on me about it. :-D

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

Some of my best buddies are in the Navy.

Marines and sailors have a long history together and tend to bust each other's chops unmercifully.   Don't let someone from another service jump in though, or we tend to circle the wagons pretty quickly.  Similar to kids.  I can beat on my little brother, but no one else had better touch him!

My boy says the exact same thing when it comes to Marines and Sailors. I was in the Army and he busts on me about it.

The good thing is that we all had the Air Force to run down!  (Army here 1965-1971)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

The good thing is that we all had the Air Force to run down!  (Army here 1965-1971)

True dat.  Almost unfair though.  They just barely qualify as a military service as it is.  Kind of feels like bullying the skinny kid on the block! ;-)

Their pararescue guys are pretty good though.

In David's bag....

When my son was around 7 and started playing on full size courses with me one of the first things I taught him was when he heard someone yell "FORE" you immediately get down and cover your head with your arms. No looking around or trying to figure out where it came from, just "drop and cover", period! I've been hit in the ankle many years ago(couldn't walk for 3 days) and worse twice I've seen an ambulance drive onto the course to pick up someone who was hit in the head and knocked out!

I take "FORE" very seriously and I'll yell it freely if I or a playing partner hits anywhere near the general area of someone else.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Always loved corporate outings where you had, shall we say, a number of "less experienced" golfers on the course.  Any shout of Fore immediately resulted in one person in each foursome ducking and covering and the other three looking skyward to see what all the shouting was about.  Did see one instance, a number of years ago, where the errant shot hit the top of a cart scaring the daylights out of the group ahead.  The shot was to a par three and the group ahead had moved to the next tee which was adjacent to the green.  Wasn't my shot (I was in the 2nd group back) but I was the only one experienced enough to shout fore - not that it did a lot of good.

Slightly off topic ...

This happened in LA area.  A guy (English is a 2nd language) argued with my brother to insist that it is "fault" and not "fore."  Huh?   He was so insistent on it that my brother just gave up.   I don't know what that came from, probably, was lost in translation.   Anyway, if you see someone going around yelling "fault," please point out that the correct word is "fore."

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

True dat.  Almost unfair though.  They just barely qualify as a military service as it is.  Kind of feels like bullying the skinny kid on the block!

Their pararescue guys are pretty good though.

Until you need air support to reduce enemy resistance on that ridge you are ordered to capture!

Rick

Until you need air support to reduce enemy resistance on that ridge you are ordered to capture!

Unlike the Army, the Marines have the own air wings.... .....of these! :banana:

In David's bag....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Unlike the Army, the Marines have the own air wings....

.....of these!

Army has some pretty bad ass choppers too.

I think we better let this one get back on track.

Rick

I was in the Ohio Army National Guard from the mid- '80s through Desert Storm.

This is my best RAMBO style pose......circa 1988......this pic was taken at Air Assault School in the barracks before going out to do something I don't remember!!

I don't remember what we were going out to do, but I do remember posing for the pic.........LOL  I was 21 and a NON GOLFER when this pic was taken. (didn't start until 1992)

Do you want to mess with THAT guy?  This was the day of the M16 as seen in the pic...(hanging on the bunk)  I may have slept with my rifle at AA school.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• Administrator

:offtopic:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Slightly off topic ...

This happened in LA area.  A guy (English is a 2nd language) argued with my brother to insist that it is "fault" and not "fore."  Huh?   He was so insistent on it that my brother just gave up.   I don't know what that came from, probably, was lost in translation.   Anyway, if you see someone going around yelling "fault," please point out that the correct word is "fore."

That's hilarious.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I was golfing last Sunday with my dad...

We were on the 8th hole, and my teeshot with hybrid went with slight a push, instead of straight... towards the direction of a fairway bunker, near the neighboring 5th hole.

"FORE", I yelled at this old gentleman. Old gentleman who was playing his own ball from the very edge of his own fairway, at the neighboring 5th hole, they were playing to the opposite direction compared to us...

The old gentleman scans and searches for my ball in flight. He tries to catch it swinging onehanded with his own club sideways. And then he just waves his hat at us, excitedly... :blink:

I was golfing last Sunday with my dad...

We were on the 8th hole, and my teeshot with hybrid went with slight a push, instead of straight... towards the direction of a fairway bunker, near the neighboring 5th hole.

"FORE", I yelled at this old gentleman. Old gentleman who was playing his own ball from the very edge of his own fairway, at the neighboring 5th hole, they were playing to the opposite direction compared to us...

The old gentleman scans and searches for my ball in flight. He tries to catch it swinging onehanded with his own club sideways. And then he just waves his hat at us, excitedly...

ROFL!   Makes you wonder how he got to be an "old gentleman".

Rick

Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!