IGNORED

Do You Have Concealed Carry Permit...

DoubleEagle
Note: This thread is 2390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My buddy has a .380.  I believe it is very similar to your LC9.  He likes it a lot.

Ruger LCP?  I have been thinking about that one.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

My buddy has a .380.  I believe it is very similar to your LC9.  He likes it a lot.

Ruger LCP?  I have been thinking about that one.

Pretty sure that is the one.  He carrries it pretty much everywhere.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Pretty sure that is the one.  He carrries it pretty much everywhere.

Sounds good, thanks!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Wanted to get one as the rest of my friends in mass pretty much do.. Never got around to it and no country in the Mideast will allow me to carry one!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I would just go with a LCP or Keltec for a true pocket pistol. Light, reliable, and inexpensive. Just be sure to clean them regularly. Lint and other debris that winds up in your pocket is not gun friendly. And always, always, always use a holster that covers the trigger.

I would just go with a LCP or Keltec for a true pocket pistol. Light, reliable, and inexpensive. Just be sure to clean them regularly. Lint and other debris that winds up in your pocket is not gun friendly. And always, always, always use a holster that covers the trigger.

I carry my LC9 in the pocket as well.  I like the uncle mike's pocket holster for it.  I would do the same for my next.  I have also been thinking about the KelTec P32.

Nate

I carry my LC9 in the pocket as well.  I like the uncle mike's pocket holster for it.  I would do the same for my next.  I have also been thinking about the KelTec P32.

The P32 is the pocket pistol that I carry. I have had it for  years.

But given the choice, I would go with the 380. I bout the 32 b/c I found it cheap used and b/c at the time when I bought the gun, you couldn't find 380 ammo anywhere. It was during one of the ammo scares several  years back. To get a 380 I would have had to wait months, pay full retail new, and maybe still not find any ammo.

But nothing wrong with the 32. I have just shot the keltec 380 and the LCP and don't notice a recoil difference, so why not go with the bigger round. Then again, I shoot a lot, so someone else might choose the slightly smaller round in favor of a little less recoil.

The P32 is the pocket pistol that I carry. I have had it for  years.

But given the choice, I would go with the 380. I bout the 32 b/c I found it cheap used and b/c at the time when I bought the gun, you couldn't find 380 ammo anywhere. It was during one of the ammo scares several  years back. To get a 380 I would have had to wait months, pay full retail new, and maybe still not find any ammo.

But nothing wrong with the 32. I have just shot the keltec 380 and the LCP and don't notice a recoil difference, so why not go with the bigger round. Then again, I shoot a lot, so someone else might choose the slightly smaller round in favor of a little less recoil.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.  And welcome to the site!

Nate

I am looking to pick something up more for summer clothes than my LC9.  Either a .380 or .32, any recommendations?  I had a Sig P238, but even that was a bit bulky at times.

Look at S&W; Airweight in 38+P

I carry this when dressing light...front pocket, back pocket, etc...

Roy

Look at S&W; Airweight in 38+P

I carry this when dressing light...front pocket, back pocket, etc...

38 special or 357 will give you a lot out of a pocket pistol, but revolvers will print more than a slim (380-32) auto.

A keltec in a pocket holster prints like a wallet.

A SW snubbie prints like a SW snubbie. :roll:

So seriously, what kind of pants do you wear?

Yep and yep.  Always. Kahr K9 or a little Seecamp 380 when something smaller is needed.

The K9 used to have a place on my vest as a backup, and off duty. That was until the slide lock blew off. Sent it off to Kahr, and it was like pulling teeth getting any info/update with them. After about a month and a half of this I started bugging their customer service, and magically it appeared on my door a couple days later. All they said was that they replaced the slide lock and test fired it. It's disappointing because I believe the failure was ammo related, but kahr handled it like crap. Enough of my crying. I'll still carry my K9 off duty, and interchange with a SW 5 shooter. I use a smart carry holster, which I highly recommend (especially if your a little guy like me). You can wear just about anything you want, to include board shorts and a tank top.

yep, Kahr 380 & NA Arms 22 mag mini-revolver

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

The K9 used to have a place on my vest as a backup, and off duty. That was until the slide lock blew off. Sent it off to Kahr, and it was like pulling teeth getting any info/update with them. After about a month and a half of this I started bugging their customer service, and magically it appeared on my door a couple days later. All they said was that they replaced the slide lock and test fired it. It's disappointing because I believe the failure was ammo related, but kahr handled it like crap.

Enough of my crying. I'll still carry my K9 off duty, and interchange with a SW 5 shooter. I use a smart carry holster, which I highly recommend (especially if your a little guy like me). You can wear just about anything you want, to include board shorts and a tank top.

I probably have 15,000 rounds through the K9 and can count the failures on one hand, with fingers left over.  Damn, now that I've said it, something's gonna break for sure! :doh:

I know they're popular, but I've never cared for the smart carry.  Just isn't comfortable for me.  I carry the Kahr in a Crossbreed Supertuck and the Seacamp in a back-pocket wallet-style holster that can even slide into a swimsuit back pocket comfortably.

My wife has a little SW 36 that she loves.  Don't wanna mess with her.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I have had a Kahr PM9 for years. Great gun. I think it is one of the most accurate pistols I own, even with the 3" barrel.

The mag release messed up. I called, and they sent me a new one (redesigned) . Had it in a couple of days. Person I talked to was great.

I called them a year or so later about a spring issue or sights(proprietary cut on older models) :pound: or something and the guy I talked to was borderline rude.

Guess customer service is like anything else. Depends on who you talk to and what kind of mood they are in.

I have had a Kahr PM9 for years. Great gun. I think it is one of the most accurate pistols I own, even with the 3" barrel. The mag release messed up. I called, and they sent me a new one (redesigned) . Had it in a couple of days. Person I talked to was great. I called them a year or so later about a spring issue or sights(proprietary cut on older models):pound:   or something and the guy I talked to was borderline rude. Guess customer service is like anything else. Depends on who you talk to and what kind of mood they are in.

I talked to the same dude about 10 times, after a while he knew me lol. My biggest issue with them is that they wouldn't talk to me. It's definately a great little pistol, that's the only failure of any kind that it has had. And you are right it shoots like a much bigger pistol. If I had to do it again though I'd probably just go with a g26

Yep and yep.  Always.

Kahr K9 or a little Seecamp 380 when something smaller is needed.

For what?

Bill M

For what?

I believe this is meant for concealment purposes.  If one carries regularly the holster and weapon changes in relationship to the occasion and mode of dress.

I probably wear same type pants that 99% or males wear...Shorts, cargo shorts, jeans, etc.

I use this holster, Galco Front Pocket,  for S&W; Airweight...when I do not want to carry Glock 19 in holster....

http://www.lapolicegear.com/galco-front-pocket-holster.html?gclid=CIKttO6qmL4CFexZ7AodGGMAPQ

Roy

Note: This thread is 2390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!