IGNORED

Do You Have Concealed Carry Permit...

DoubleEagle
Note: This thread is 2392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

NOT state law.  Company law.  I know of no state laws, except for that of taverns, that say you cannot carry.  And that is the law.  Look them up, please.  Oh, yeah, and know the difference  legally.

I'm not arguing with you about the laws in Indiana.  I don't know them and don't claim to.  I'm just pointing out that what you called a constitutional right is 100% not that.  It is Indiana state law.  It is entirely constitutional for a state to allow commercial establishments to post signs disallowing firearms on the premises.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not arguing with you about the laws in Indiana.  I don't know them and don't claim to.  I'm just pointing out that what you called a constitutional right is 100% not that.  It is Indiana state law.  It is entirely constitutional for a state to allow commercial establishments to post signs disallowing firearms on the premises.

Correct.  And if they ask you to leave, you should.  Secure your weapon and return unarmed.  What is the problem here?

Correct.  And if they ask you to leave, you should.  Secure your weapon and return unarmed.  What is the problem here?

The sign on the door is them asking, is it not?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I have been asked to kiss someone's @#s before.  I r efused that as well.

As you would know, most of these are youths shooting each other because they were "disrespected".

You having a gun in a supermarket is not saving lives in actuality or potentially.

Sorry to be OT, but I really find the idea of feeling the need to be armed quite sad in the face of so much evidence to show it is counterproductive and potentially fatal to the wrong people. But the desire to have no guns in their premises is founded on a desire to save life, not infringe on your desire to be a cowboy.

Actually, it has on numerous occasions publicly and privately.

That is right and if you want to do business there it should be respected IMO.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

No I'm saying that it is 100% constitutional for state law to say that instead of asking you to leave they may call the police and have you arrested.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

No I'm saying that it is 100% constitutional for state law to say that instead of asking you to leave they may call the police and have you arrested.

They can't have you arrested!!  The police will want to see your permit and will then ask you to follow that establishments wishes.

They can't have you arrested!!  The police will want to see your permit and will then ask you to follow that establishments wishes.

Again you're misunderstanding my point.  You seem by all rights to know Indiana gun law quite well.  In your earlier posts you claimed this as a constitutional right.  I'm just pointing out that this is without question 100% not a constitutional right.  It is Indiana state law.  It is 100% constitutional for states to instead legislate that you could be arrested instead of asked to leave.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

This is a myth propagated by American pro gun groups.  Those increases came from a change in police statistics and bureaucratic reporting which happened at a similar time.

Exactly. Thankyou.

If you look up Martin Bryant, the guy who slaughtered 30 odd people at Port Arthur, the act which lead to the buyback, you will find mainly links to crackpots who believe the government did it in order to "disarm" the population. Paranoid people have a vested intetest in wanting to keep their guns. Clearly, most people with a C&C; licence are decent law abiding people, but if you look at the big picture, it's crazy. To carry a gun into a hospital because there might be a lunatic in there makes two lunatics with a gun. One real, one imaginary.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Guys..... think of your responses, PLEASE!!  This is not a philosophy test.  I am speaking from a legal stance.  You are more than welcome to believe and speak as you wish.  That is your First Amendment Right!

Historically, the Second Amendment secured that First Amendment Right that you are now employing.

Again you're misunderstanding my point.  You seem by all rights to know Indiana gun law quite well.  In your earlier posts you claimed this as a constitutional right.  I'm just pointing out that this is without question 100% not a constitutional right.  It is Indiana state law.  It is 100% constitutional for states to instead legislate that you could be arrested instead of asked to leave.

Praise Be!!  Now you are almost understanding what you are arguing against.  Keep thinking, Bro.  You are almost there!!

Historically, the Second Amendment secured that First Amendment Right that you are now employing.

All right.  You don't seem to want to acknowledge what I'm actually saying.  I'll just say one more time that the gun rights you have in Indiana that you so strongly agree with are NOT 2nd amendment rights.  They are simply legislated by the Indiana state government.  You in fact have a quite limited set of places where you're constitutionally protected to carry your gun.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Praise Be!!  Now you are almost understanding what you are arguing against.  Keep thinking, Bro.  You are almost there!!

I quite understand what I'm arguing against.  I'm arguing against your conflation of state law and constitutional rights.

• Upvote 1

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

NOT state law.  Company law. I know of no state laws, except for that of taverns, that say you cannot carry .  And that is the law.  Look them up, please.  Oh, yeah, and know the difference  legally.

There are several states where a business owner can post that guns are not allowed. Texas as one notable example. Most states vary in their laws, and some of the differences can be a little perplexing.....Indiana's prohibition against carrying at the State Fair as one example you're certainly familiar with. That's why I specifically worded my response the way I did. Those that carry outside of their home state must familiarize themselves with the specific laws of each individual state before doing so. Reciprocal carry rights do NOT mean reciprocal laws.....so yes, look them up, please!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I must mow the lawn now.  Leave you with one last thought.

Look up DC murder rate.  Firearms are illegal in DC.  Look up Chicago murder rate, etc...

Are you really not getting the reasoning yet as to why law abiding citizens want to be armed??  And why gun laws are ridiculous?  You know the old saying, and looking up these stats will reinforce it....If you outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have guns.

BTW, Aussie guy, America defeated your tyranny already cause we had guns.  Go kiss the queens picture and shut the f@*k up. :-) Cheers mate.

I must mow the lawn now.  Leave you with one last thought.

Look up DC murder rate.  Firearms are illegal in DC.  Look up Chicago murder rate, etc...

Are you really not getting the reasoning yet as to why law abiding citizens want to be armed??  And why gun laws are ridiculous?  You know the old saying, and looking up these stats will reinforce it....If you outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have guns.

BTW, Aussie guy, America defeated your tyranny already cause we had guns.  Go kiss the queens picture and shut the f@*k up.   Cheers mate.

I'll take this as a tacit admission that you understand that you're wrong about 2nd amendment rights, given you retreated to general arguments about why we should have almost unrestricted gun rights, not that we actually do on a constitutional basis.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I have not read all the post's here, but...what I believe is this. buying back guns, and making them illegal for Responsible people to own or to get a CCP does 2 things imho. It takes away the possibility of a gun owner to protect his or her life against a deadly threat.

The second thing it does is arms the criminals, as they don't play by the Laws.

One thing that needs to be addressed is this. If you apply for a CCP, or you apply to buy a gun resulting in a background check, someone needs to look into the the Mental state of these people. Sane folks don not go around shooting people in schools, or publis places, i.e. malls, theaters ect. There needs to be a good way to check on peoples mental health, and this is where I believe all states fail for the most part.

Here in cali, L.A. to be more specific, the cops take illegal guns off criminals all the time, or find them when they do search warrants. Most if not all of these criminals are somewhat mentally challenged, and don't think twice about shooting someone in a crowded public place.

I still own guns. I shoot for fun. In the past I went to Jeff Coppers combat school, but never shot in competition. I also believe that in some circumstances being allowed to carry a weapon could save lives. A mentally unbalanced person goes into a restaurant, and starts shooting people, If someone had a CCP, they might be able to neutralize the person shooting thus saving innocent lives.

Places like NY, Cali and others states are doing an disservice to it's people by Not allowing CCP's. I know here in my state, if someone breaks into my house, I have specific laws that need to be met to use deadly force, which is stupid imho.

Mental, and criminal screening to purchase a weapon should paramount.

All right.  You don't seem to want to acknowledge what I'm actually saying.  I'll just say one more time that the gun rights you have in Indiana that you so strongly agree with are NOT 2nd amendment rights.  They are simply legislated by the Indiana state government.  You in fact have a quite limited set of places where you're constitutionally protected to carry your gun.

I do agree with this. I believe we do have a federal constitutional right to OWN a gun. From there it is up to the states on which type of guns, how they shall be carried. States do have a right to say you can not carry your gun out in public. They can not how ever ban you from owning your gun on your residence because that would go into violating the 2nd amendment rights.

Correct, private property has the right to grant access to anyone they want, and restrict access. They can restrict a person's access if they are carrying a gun. That is not a state or federal law, it is a private owner's prerogative.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!