• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevets88

How harmful is keeping your head from rotating post impact

10 posts in this topic

We all know how keeping your head down can be overdone. How harmful is preventing your head from rotating to your non-dominant side post impact in comparison? It seems a few pros seem to be still looking at the ball for the longest time after impact?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Somewhere between not at all and quite a lot, depending on several factors.

Sorry, but when you ask a vague question, you get a vague answer. None of the words you used are precise at all. What's "the longest time"?

It's not a commonality. That's all I can tell you, really. Annika and Duval rotated prior to impact, others are down well after impact.

Again, not a commonality.

I'm wondering the same thing myself. If it's not common, then I suppose it's a "how comfortable are you" thing?

I seem to vary (what seems like a lot) when I start rotating my head on the follow through towards the target. If someone asked me how long I keep my head down, it would be different than if I was just swinging.

As it's supposed to happen after impact, I suppose it doesn't matter that much?

Somewhere between not at all and quite a lot, depending on several factors. Sorry, but when you ask a vague question, you get a vague answer. None of the words you used are precise at all. What's "the longest time"? It's not a commonality. That's all I can tell you, really. Annika and Duval rotated prior to impact, others are down well after impact. Again, not a commonality.

Yeah, I figured my question was vague. I try and find the video and post it.

We all know how keeping your head down can be overdone. How harmful is preventing your head from rotating to your non-dominant side post impact in comparison?

What do you mean by harmful, to your body or harmful for the shot?

It seems a few pros seem to be still looking at the ball for the longest time after impact?

If they were looking at the ball after impact then they would look more like Duval and Annika ;-) Just being a smart ass.

I would say most guys look something like this

@mvmac , @iacas

Harmful to the swing - consistency and clubhead speed. On left, I let the head rotate w/my torso. On the right, not so much. Better strike is on left.

@mvmac, @iacas

Harmful to the swing - consistency and clubhead speed. On left, I let the head rotate w/my torso. On the right, not so much. Better strike is on left.

Just position wise I like the pic on the right better. The weight is more forward, hips are stretching up and forward, with the left pic looks like you're falling back. Also look like the hips and shoulders are more level on the left, right pic looks more like the examples I posted. Just because the shot wasn't as good doesn't mean it was a "bad" swing. I'm not super familiar with your game but I would say that the right pic will serve you better in the long run.

As we said, there are players that are consistent and hit it far doing it both ways in terms of head rotation. I don't think one is more "optimal" than the other.

Thanks @mvmac . That's great to hear because the picture on the right is recent and left is pretty old. I thought one of the reasons I wasn't getting the "pop", extra CHS was the head rotation so it must be something else.

Thanks @mvmac. That's great to hear because the picture on the right is recent and left is pretty old. I thought one of the reasons I wasn't getting the "pop", extra CHS was the head rotation so it must be something else.

Yes I would tend to agree with that.

Yes I would tend to agree with that.

Sending in vid to evolvr as soon as I get a free moment tomorrow.