IGNORED

What balls do you use/would recommend

Note: This thread is 3384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like hex chrome +. Also srixon

When I did a ball fitting last year the hex chrome + was the best fit. However they are nowhere to be found in my area. Plus I still lose too many balls a round to justify spending much on golf balls. I need to find a decent $20 per dozen or so ball that I can get. The wilson duo and titleist solo aren't bad, but even losing them sometimes is painful if I have an exceptionally bad day on the tee.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When I did a ball fitting last year the hex chrome + was the best fit. However they are nowhere to be found in my area. Plus I still lose too many balls a round to justify spending much on golf balls. I need to find a decent $20 per dozen or so ball that I can get. The wilson duo and titleist solo aren't bad, but even losing them sometimes is painful if I have an exceptionally bad day on the tee.

I've been playing Maxfli U3 or U4s all year so far and I've been pretty happy with them-- $15 for U3, $20 for U4 at Dick's.

I also have been playing the Maxfli U3 which for my SS (85-90) has been great.  I have also been playing the TM Project (a) occasionally which has a touch more spin than the U3 but is not as long for me.  I have a dozen Gamer Soft balls to try after buying them for my 9 year old grandson and watching him increase his drives from about 120 to 150 (he was playing any ball, usually a distance ball).  I chipped one of the Gamer Softs on the last hole and it felt great and performed well.

Plenty to choose from.

I found that contrary to their past lineups, the Callaway Speed Regime Balls feel extremely soft and are performers. If you're going for less money, and why not, I've found deals at 15% off, and have found some on ebay at better pricing. I've heard that the Taylormade TP Balls are also excellent.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 5 months later...

I am not that good yet where a $4 golf ball will help my game.  Also this is the first year I chose to use Yellow balls.  This decision was made due to the past few years here in PA the courses stayed lush all year and the grass did not grow slower in the summers due to all the rain.  Lots of the courses around here use a Kentucky blue grass mix and you can not mow that as low so I was losing way too many balls.  Out of all the yellow balls I have tried for less then $30 a box I like the Golfsmith MacGregor tourney yellow.  Golfsmith owns that brand name.  I love this ball.  Only other ball I have in my bag right now is the Srixon Q-star tour yellow.  That is a nice ball as well.

+1-MacGregor tourney yellow all last season. $20 for 30 at Golf town.  +25 here. For me they are more consistant than using the various freebies and reconditioned boxes previously. They sure have helped my shots to the green

I usr Srixon Z star just because they are easy to find at $30 a dozen and I like the optic yellow, I like pro v 1's for all the reasons anyone would but are just hard to find cheap.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Note: This thread is 3384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!