IGNORED

How Would You Play It? (Golfingdad)

Note: This thread is 3639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How Would You Play It?

• A - Hit fairway wood at the green.
    • B - Lay up between fairway bunker and the front green side bunker.
    • C - Lay up short of fairway bunker.

Maybe my course management skills have improved since paying attention to these threads. I answered B as well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I went with C because if I can get it past the little tree on the left and short of the bunker on the right I can hit fairly far offline left or right and not be hurt by it.

Then aim third at the 255 dot with a club that will get near 270 distance dot because the further it travels the more it opens up and the majority of my shots come up short so potentially in the center of the green where I want to be anyway.

All assuming it is not dead to go long and the green isn't too elevated, neither of which I can really tell from the photo.

Mike

Option B

My 19.5 should draw a bit left of the fairway bunker and roll short of the left side green bunkers into that very appealing landing area where an easy pitch gives me a good birdie opportunity. :drool:

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

All assuming it is not dead to go long and the green isn't too elevated, neither of which I can really tell from the photo.

nope, not elevated nor dead if you go long. :)

The one thing that gives me pause about B is that you really have to get close to that water to have much of an angle. If you're not going to have a good shot into the green, it makes more sense just to go for it.

(Also, I added a poll.)

The landing area 50 to 60 out is pretty generous. Even if you are a bit left, a good lob wedge tending right and one should have a reasonable putt for a bird.

My point is that option A is out of my league, option C requires a shot tending right and the reward is not that great still leaving a precise wedge from a longer distance. I have confidence that I can execute option B reasonably well, and lobbing 50 or 60 is a standard in my bag! :whistle:

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

I chose A because it is 526 yards. I will be 300 from the center of the green after my drive.  Assuming I am in the fairway, I will need a 3W just to be able to reach the fairway bunker!  If I played a more forward tee, I still would use a 3 or 5W to clear the fairway bunker and would still be short of the green side bunkers.  I know I can get out of bunkers if I reach it, so I would still be on the green in regulation.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I opted for C - I have better chance with a full wedge on the 3rd shot, on perfect yardage for a GW, and a putt to make that par - than to go for broke with a lot of sand left, into which I will be drawing if I go for broke on the 2nd shot, because I will not be willing to take the draw line on or from the water on the right.

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

well this shows to me i did give the right advise.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I'd hit iron, go left of the green and hit out of rough or fairway. If possible, I'd rather have the length to go over the green and play from behind it because you can access the whole green better from there than anywhere in front. I have a green shaped like this on my course and I like to play long because pitching to the green over the bunkers can be a nightmare depending on the flag location.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

I really like these threads.  I have holes at my home course that I could use a little advice on.  I think I will start a post on one.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I would hit a 5 iron over the fairway bunker short of the green. In a scramble, I'd knock the piss out of my 7 wood to hit the green and get it to stop. I play a high draw and it's unnerving to hit a wood right at a lake, but I could do it as a gamble shot. :) BTW, nice looking hole.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!