• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Foursum Golf

Donald Trump Gets A Major Championship

11 posts in this topic

It looks like the 2022 PGA Championship is heading to Trump National Bedminster.

It was originally thought that the course would be in the running for a men’s U.S. Open at some point, but it turns out that the USGA is more interested in the Nicklaus designed Trump Ferry Point, a golf course currently under development in the Bronx.

Thoughts?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I like the guy - this is great

His ego will now expand exponentially.

Awards and Achievements

Sounds like he's got two great courses.  They don't hand out majors because of who owns the course.....

Awards and Achievements

He's also buying Turnbury, no doubt the Open will go back there sometime soon.

Sounds like he's got two great courses.  They don't hand out majors because of who owns the course.....

Actually I think it was the opposite for a while, the PGA Tour seemed to avoid Trump courses because he owned them.

Awards and Achievements

Actually I think it was the opposite for a while, the PGA Tour seemed to avoid Trump courses because he owned them.

Really? Interesting. I'd be interested in hearing more detail on this.

Really? Interesting. I'd be interested in hearing more detail on this.

He's talked about it in interviews and this article touches on it as well.  http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/golf/2007-01-25-trump_x.htm?csp=N009

Awards and Achievements

He's talked about it in interviews and this article touches on it as well.  http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/golf/2007-01-25-trump_x.htm?csp=N009

Good read. Thanks!

Good read. Thanks!

I don't know if there's any validity to his early claims that his courses were not getting selected because of his big personality, politics and arrogance.  His early course designs were not well received and considered gimmicky which is also a possible reason why it took him so long to host a tournament.

I think the LPGA selecting one of his courses helped him demonstrate that he could allow a tournament and the participants to take center stage ahead of his hair and personality.

Awards and Achievements

I don't know if there's any validity to his early claims that his courses were not getting selected because of his big personality, politics and arrogance.  His early course designs were not well received and considered gimmicky which is also a possible reason why it took him so long to host a tournament.

And now he just buys courses that already host championships. After Trump bought Doral (and now Turnberry), the governing bodies realized that they weren't going to succeed in keeping him out of their club.