IGNORED

Nominate a Member for Free Online Lessons, "The Sand Trap Project"

Note: This thread is 3586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who gets your vote for the free online lessons for June?

• billchao
    • bplewis24
    • colin007

A few nominations off the top of my head, in no particular order:

@Crim seems like a decent enough fellow, is a supporter, but not an evolvr student. He seems like he'd listen. He always seems happy when we help him out on his swing thread.

@14ledo81 also seems like a decent guy.

I'd say @Fourputt but I know he rarely plays these days. And if he has a camera, which I doubt, it's probably one of those that you have to crank  JK.

@RFKFREAK might listen to you guys.

It's hard to nominate people because I'm not sure which regulars interested in lessons aren't already in the program.

I feel like @Hammer 4 is already getting lessons. So he's out.

I'm not sure how interested they'd be but the following guys would make good candidates if they wanted to be:

@newtogolf, @bplewis24, @RonTheSavage, @scopek, @meenman, @inthehole.... I'm not sure if @k-troop would be interested. I'm trying to think of a long time member who may be interested....

This is tough. OK, I've said too many names.

@billchao perhaps? I wish I had a comprehensive list here to work with

In other sad news, I've wasted ^^^ this much brain space remembering some of your internet handles.

EDIT:

Oops. Obviously I didn't read this before finalizing my previous post. Let me rethink this for a second.

Jet fans unite, @JetFan1983 ! :beer:

Haha. Well since @billchao, @14ledo81 and a couple of the others I mentioned have a couple nominations already, I'll throw my support your way.

I nominate @bplewis24

Sick burn! :pound:

Okay so I reviewed some of the my swing threads to see who is actively working on their swing and tried to cross-reference that with their accumulated "skins" but couldn't find a way to do it.  Nonetheless, I've decided to nominate @14ledo81

Now, I see he's been getting help already and I'm not really sure if he's available for nomination, so if he isn't then I'll go with @RFKFREAK .  And if he isn't available, I give up .

Thanks! :dance:

I'm already an Evolvr student but not sure if that disqualifies me or not.

I'm going to nominate @colin007 because I think he brings a lot to threads he participates in, seems to genuinely want to help people, and certainly not because he said he'd give me a ride to the NE outing. :whistle:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

A few nominations off the top of my head, in no particular order:

@Crim seems like a decent enough fellow, is a supporter, but not an evolvr student. He seems like he'd listen. He always seems happy when we help him out on his swing thread.

@14ledo81 also seems like a decent guy.

I'd say @Fourputt but I know he rarely plays these days. And if he has a camera, which I doubt, it's probably one of those that you have to crank  JK.

@RFKFREAK might listen to you guys.

It's hard to nominate people because I'm not sure which regulars interested in lessons aren't already in the program.

I feel like @Hammer 4 is already getting lessons. So he's out.

I'm not sure how interested they'd be but the following guys would make good candidates if they wanted to be:

@newtogolf, @bplewis24, @RonTheSavage, @scopek, @meenman, @inthehole.... I'm not sure if @k-troop would be interested. I'm trying to think of a long time member who may be interested....

This is tough. OK, I've said too many names.

@billchao perhaps? I wish I had a comprehensive list here to work with

In other sad news, I've wasted ^^^ this much brain space remembering some of your internet handles.

EDIT:

Oops. Obviously I didn't read this before finalizing my previous post. Let me rethink this for a second.

Jet fans unite, @JetFan1983!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Haha. Well since @billchao, @14ledo81 and a couple of the others I mentioned have a couple nominations already, I'll throw my support your way.

I nominate @bplewis24

Sick burn!

:-D He responded first!

Harsh betrayal on my part though, no question....

Constantine

Typical Jets fans...turning on each other.

BOOM!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

:-D  He responded first! Harsh betrayal on my part though, no question....

It's all good. Not your fault, you're a Jets fan ;-) On a completely unrelated note, why haven't we gotten together for some golf yet? Don't you live like 40 minutes from me?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post

He responded first!

Harsh betrayal on my part though, no question....
It's all good. Not your fault, you're a Jets fan

LOL, I have to stop setting myself up for these....

Quote:
On a completely unrelated note, why haven't we gotten together for some golf yet? Don't you live like 40 minutes from me?

I would love to, but I am actually not currently living in New Jersey... I just haven't updated my location or profile in a while.

Constantine

I don't think I've been around long enough here to get to know people and who needs it most. As such i don't have a nomination but wanted to say, as everyone has said what an awesome opportunity this is for a lucky member.

Might say i would have been a good candidate but i have managed to squeeze the money for evolvr from my student loan so i'm already in good hands. :-)

Henry

I would love to, but I am actually not currently living in New Jersey... I just haven't updated my location or profile in a while.

Haha, I was going to suggest one of these times I was in NYC, depending on where in Jersey you lived, that we get together and play a round. :offtopic:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I nominate @Gipper. Anybody who puts in the effort to drop 160lbs is likely to be willing to put in the effort on his lessons too.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I nominate @Gipper. Anybody who puts in the effort to drop 160lbs is likely to be willing to put in the effort on his lessons too.

I'm with that, @gipper I'd like to nominate.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I appreciate the nomination guys. I am actually going to work on a time later this summer and pay for a session up in Erie. I think the other guys are more established here on the site and I am fairly new. I will continue to try to contribute here and maybe a year or two down the road I will be a decent candidate. Thanks again for nominating me.

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

I appreciate the nomination guys. I am actually going to work on a time later this summer and pay for a session up in Erie. I think the other guys are more established here on the site and I am fairly new. I will continue to try to contribute here and maybe a year or two down the road I will be a decent candidate. Thanks again for nominating me.

I thought I was good losing 25 pounds, but if I didn't already nominate Bplewis I would certainly nominate you! BTW, go to Erie earlier, like now, so you can shoot lower scores this summer.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

How long is nominations open for? Is there going to be a voting period? Or is it going to be whoever got the most nominations?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

@BENtSwing32

Helped me with one of my swing issues with a simple drill...  I would like to return the favor.  Also appears to be a fairly new golfer and a decent contributor to the site.

Thanks brotha!

I'll throw in a vote for you @JP golf . . .

If JP isn't interested my second vote goes for @billchao ....love his swing thread

Thanks brotha! I'll throw in a vote for you @JP golf . . . If JP isn't interested my second vote goes for @billchao ....love his swing thread

Thanks for mentioning me! Not sure if I'll get one of the free months, but I'll be sure to update my swing thread pretty regularly.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I'd like to nominate @bplewis24 Nice guy, totally deserves it.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Note: This thread is 3586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!