• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bentvalve

Adjustable irons????

6 posts in this topic

Where do we go from here? Seems as though companies are tapped out under the current regulations. We have adjustable drivers, fairways and hybrids... how about Adjustable irons so you could tailor each iron to your needs without bending your clubs. Especially for the guys who go with cast clubs?!? Just a thought

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I'm sure they have some prototypes and will eventually release something like that. Probably not a priority since it would be expensive and OEM's make their money off of drivers, wedges and putters. Small margins when it comes to irons.

I don't really think it's needed, if you know your specs you can just order the clubs the way you want them. Can be a different story with a driver and even then the "importance" of adjustability is over done. Once you find the setting that works, you really should't need to change it again.

Awards and Achievements

It's not a new concept and it's been done. It's also not needed. I know you are talking about minor tweaks, not a one club does it all deal.

Wow Shorty that super stick is pretty cool, I guess people have always been innovating, I think if adjustable irons did come out it would be more of a gimmicky kind of thing. But one thing is for sure people would buy it!!!

But one thing is for sure people would buy it!!!

Especially if it had the words super, ballz or rocket in the name ;-)

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by Shorty

It's not a new concept and it's been done. It's also not needed. I know you are talking about minor tweaks, not a one club does it all deal.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Golf Evolution
    • My heated driving range is closing
      About 10 years ago I had a heated range go up literally a half mile from my house. It didnt last 2 years so I feel your pain. Luckily theres one about 35 minutes from where I live now that seems to always be busy. They even have a simulator.
    • The Legendary Callaway Great Big Bertha Tungsten Titanium Irons of 1997
      NOSTALGIA: To buy or not to buy?  That IS the Question... I grew up playing golf.  By age 8 I was pretty much an addict.  At the course, rain or shine, every single day after school in the spring and all summer long.  I would often play with older guys, me being the 4th in a foursome as I often went early (dawn ) and by myself.  The course was in walking distance so I could manage it by myself.  Like a lot of beginners and especially juniors, I had junk clubs.  Wilson Junior 1200s to be exact.  No lessons of any kind just a golf book by Ben Hogan and a lot of hard work and discipline on the range.  I was becoming a good junior golfer by age 11. I could break 85 consistently at my home course (and 90 else where).  Once in a while you would get a group of guys that had brand new equipment.  Personalized Staff bags.  Cigars.  Decked out with Ashworth gear and making wagers with one another for me was a lot of money.  In 1997/1998 a lot of the clubs I saw in their bags were Callaway.  The Drivers.  The Irons.  Ping putters.  I think a lot of guys grab the best gear thinking that status is important and the perceived "better" clubs would equate to "better" scores or they would feel "better" about shooting 100.  I started seeing more and more of these $2,000+ sets of irons: the fabled Callaway Great Big Bertha Tungsten Titanium Irons.  If I was really fortunate, my golf skills and attitude would endear me enough to the rest of the group that they would let me hit a couple balls during/after the round after I showed interest in their equipment.  I was hitting my knockoff driver (The Rogue) about 185 yards at the time.  Take out the "Great Big Bertha" and BOOM 210 yards!  My 7 iron was carrying about 125 yards... with the tungsten titanium it was MUCH longer.  Maybe it was the design/technology.  Maybe it was purely psychological.  Maybe it was luck or all of the above.  Whatever it was, I knew immediately that with these magical clubs in my bag I could take my game to the next level.  Sadly, I never could afford the price tag... until now.  These clubs hold a special place in my heart.  These guys were reluctant to play with the skinny 11 year old kid with crap equipment... I didn't fit the mold of a "good" golfer.  They asked the starter if they could play with some one else because I would "slow them down."  They assumed I was a hacker.  And then I proved them wrong.  I beat the pants off these guys and although it made me happy to see them eat their words, I didn't show it.  I was breaking 85 and they were breaking 100... barely.  Seeing that they underestimated me and then befriend me over the course of 18 holes was special.  It taught me a lot about people, perception, life, and reality.  ***Would you purchase a set of clubs for nostalgia alone?  Would these clubs stack up against Callaway X 20 tour irons (what I have in the bag now)???  Have you ever had a similar experience on the course with new equipment?  What is your favorite iron set of the 90s? 2000s?  What were your first set of clubs?***
    • How to eliminate blowup holes
      Havnt read lsw yet but its on my list. And while I agree thats not ALWAYS the best strategy, I think thats a great piece of advice. I think I know when Im in trouble and I get discouraged thinking its too late to save my score on that hole. Your strategy changes my mind set and gives me more reason to focus on the next shot so I can limit the damage by not making another mistake. Its between the ears as they say! GREAT tip, thanks!
    • Quitting a round early - Why Would You Quit?
      Slow rounds are annoying, but the only time I've quit (other than the issues listed in OP) is because a ridiculously slow round would cause me to be late to an important meeting or event.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries