IGNORED

The misery that is McCord

mistophalees
Note: This thread is 3545 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He's okay in small doses, but does tend to get annoying after awhile. Preferable to have someone w/a personality than plain vanilla.

This is my opinion as well.  I don't mind him - heck, I don't mind any of them because I'm not watching to listen to them - but he can babble on a bit too much sometimes.  It's especially goofy when he gets to throw it to commercial and they show a dog on a beach or a guy hang-gliding and he comments on that.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Please. Someone. CBS. Bring TV golf back to me. I know and follow about 200 PGA golfers and almost the same number of European players every week and this man Gary McCord is ruining it for me. I have to turn the sound off and then I lose focus. Yes Nick Faldo with his after-the-fact calls and Johnny Miller with his the-problem-with-so and so can raise dissent but the totally incoherent, impertinent babble of McCord is like suddenly having a children's program piped into the golf match. Please stop him.

Feherty - is that you?

Didn't he have a stint on the senior tour? What happened to that?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Didn't he have a stint on the senior tour? What happened to that?

http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.01779.gary-mccord.html/career

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Please. Someone. CBS. Bring TV golf back to me. I know and follow about 200 PGA golfers and almost the same number of European players every week and this man Gary McCord is ruining it for me. I have to turn the sound off and then I lose focus. Yes Nick Faldo with his after-the-fact calls and Johnny Miller with his the-problem-with-so and so can raise dissent but the totally incoherent, impertinent babble of McCord is like suddenly having a children's program piped into the golf match. Please stop him.

Totally agree. Talks way too much. Thank goodness we don't have to listen to his nonsense at the Masters.

• Upvote 1

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.01779.gary-mccord.html/career

He did pretty well pre 2006. So he was playing and announcing then? I didn't even notice. I wonder how he managed that.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

McCord is the man

Agreed. McCord doesn't take himself or the game too seriously. Golf is supposed to be fun, right?

my get up and go musta got up and went..

He's OK, but gets on my nerves sometimes.  I think the problem I have with him is that he tries too hard sometimes to make EVERY comment funny.  I have no problem with a few humorous comments now and then.  It's just that by seemingly making every comment a comedy jewel, he misses more often than he hits.  Not every comment needs to make us chuckle.

Give me guys like Peter Kostis and Vern Lundquist all the time. McCord is a jackass.

• Upvote 1

Bill M

He's OK, but gets on my nerves sometimes.  I think the problem I have with him is that he tries too hard sometimes to make EVERY comment funny.  I have no problem with a few humorous comments now and then.  It's just that by seemingly making every comment a comedy jewel, he misses more often than he hits.  Not every comment needs to make us chuckle.

I think this nails it.

Give me guys like Peter Kostis and Vern Lundquist all the time. McCord is a jackass.

LOL.  I read the quote above when it was posted a few hours ago, but I only read it on the "new posts" teaser page.  I gave the author name a cursory glance, and because I saw a few letters followed by a two digit number ending in 2, so I assumed it to be you.  Then just now, I read this post on the same page and was like "Whoa!!  What did McCord do to Phan in the last hour to make him change his tune so harshly like that!" :-P

I should pay more attention. :doh:

P.S.  I like Peter Kostis pretty well too.  Can't help but chuckle, though, every time he's required to say "Kodak Swing Vision Canon BizHub Nikon Copier Fax Camera Spaceship SLo-Mo Instant Replay Vision View Thingy Sponsored by Chevy" ... or something to that effect. :beer:

Gary has almost become a parody of himself it seems, but I cannot not like him. Feherty tries too hard to be funny, but I think McCord is just out there. I admit it becomes unbearable at times, but I'm not going to throw him under the bus. :no:

I don't care for McCord either...he not only tries to be funny he tries to be hip...unfortunately he is about as 'hip' as disco

• Upvote 1

What's in my bag

Cobra Speed LD-F 10.5* Driver

Callaway XHot 15* 3-wood

Tour Edge Bazooka 5-wood

Tour Edge Bazooka 7-wood

Wilson Staff Ci9 Irons 4-GW

Mizuno T-Zoid Sand Wedge 56*

Odyssey White Hot #2

• 2 months later...

I think I would enjoy watching McCord and Feherty fight to the death.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3545 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!