IGNORED

TST SoCal 2014 Summer Outing - Saturday, August 9th @ Encinitas Ranch

Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alright, so we just finished our 6th outing today, and as always, it was a great time. The turn out this time around was a bit weak compared to what we've been able to put together in the past, and for this one, I'd like to see a large group.

We were discussing possible locations for the Summer outing today when we finished up and seem to agree that San Diego would be a good spot as we haven't been down that way yet. One possible course that was mentioned was Encinitas Ranch.

Anyways, let's try to nail down a date and course and we'll get this thing rolling. I'm thinking the end of July, possible the 27th.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I need to redeem myself, July 27 works for me.  Don't really care where or when we play but I think Barrett mentioned Coronado which I think gets an absolute ton of play so it could be a 5+ hr round.

Count me in again. As I've not yet played in San Diego, I'll let other decide on which course to play.

As far as dates, are we talking July or August?

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

We are in as long as our playing partners can make it.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I'm going to be a late decision (not last minute or anything, but later than now) for the next one.  I'm signed up for two tournaments on back-to-back Sundays in July, so another day-long outing in that time frame will be tough to swing.

I will likely be there, especially if it's in July or August.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

If I am available, you can count me in. I have a couple of trips planned for July and August, but I should have some "date certainty" within a few weeks.

One thing I can tell you is that July 27th is out for me. That is my wife's birthday!

How does August 9/10 sound? Any conflicts there?

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

That sounds fine at present, but that may change when my summer work trips are scheduled. I'm hoping to have a firm handle on my dates by the end of next week.

That would be fine with me.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Encinitas Ranch is a good suggestion. They enforce pace of play there so the round shouldn't take more then 4 hours. Plus it's a nice course and close to the ocean so it won't be too hot.

Edit: I'll be attending this one.

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Bettinardi H2 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

Hey @hacker101 , are you and Justin up for this one?

I signed up Kaili for SCPGA, and will have him do a few tournaments. Other than those, we should have some weekends free for fun golf.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hey @hacker101, are you and Justin up for this one?

I signed up Kaili for SCPGA, and will have him do a few tournaments. Other than those, we should have some weekends free for fun golf.

Yep we are up for it, weekends are all Justin will have, he does not take summers off, has to keep the 4.3 GPA.

Also thinking about heading down Sat and stay by the course, what ever one everyone decides?

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Yep we are up for it, weekends are all Justin will have, he does not take summers off, has to keep the 4.3 GPA.

Also thinking about heading down Sat and stay by the course, what ever one everyone decides?

Okay, we might just go down for the day. Leave early morning and come back that evening.

Cool, we have a foursome!

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Okay, we might just go down for the day. Leave early morning and come back that evening.

Cool, we have a foursome!

we all could go down Friday night play Sat and Sun?

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

we all could go down Friday night play Sat and Sun?

Saturday is better.

9th is better for me, I am traveling on the night of the 10th.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

So its been a while since I have posted here and it looks like the group is still going strong! Im bummed I missed out on a lot of the events you guys have held! took a year off of golf (I know stupid me) so I could finish getting my degree. I hope we have another event soon and everyone is still hacking away!

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Driver: :tmade: RBZ 9.5*

Hybrid: :callaway: XHot 18* Pro

Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0 5-PW, AW

Wedge: :callaway: Mack Daddy 2 Tour 58*

Putter: :odyssey: Protype Black #9

Ball: :callaway: SuperSoft

So its been a while since I have posted here and it looks like the group is still going strong! Im bummed I missed out on a lot of the events you guys have held! took a year off of golf (I know stupid me) so I could finish getting my degree. I hope we have another event soon and everyone is still hacking away!

That seems pretty smart to me!

Come to the next outing, look forward to meeting you, finally. It's been a little over a year and a half since we last corresponded about the first Winter outing.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!