Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevets88

Defective TItleist ball - hey guys, you missed a couple of dimples

10 posts in this topic

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Display sample.....? Its my understanding, having seen the production facility, All titleist balls are x-rayed, weighed & inspected for QC. Call or email customer service maybe they'll send you a dozen.

Display sample.....? Its my understanding, having seen the production facility, All titleist balls are x-rayed, weighed & inspected for QC. Call or email customer service maybe they'll send you a dozen.

Yeah, looks like it's been ground down with a belt sander or something.  Maybe part of some QC check.  Definitely doesn't look like anything from the normal manufacturing process.

Be interesting to hear what they say.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not my ball, repost from reddit.

I would say that it isn't ground with a belt sander just because that would leave a pattern of straight lines where it ground down material. That being said, I would be kind of disappointed if I got that as one of my dozen balls.

The chance that golf ball came from the factory like that is highly unlikely.

There are fake brand name golf balls made in China, sold cheap on EBay.   It could be one of those.

Nah, I think I hit that one once and crushed it so hard the dimples got flattened on one side.

There is no way that ball passed quality control and was sold.........  (X-outs included)  This is just another stupid internet post..  Whoever took that pic might as well cut the ball in 2 with a saw and make the same claim......it would be just as believable.

The photographer went through the trouble of grinding a ball down and repainting it to take that picture.