IGNORED

First ace today!

ditchparrot19
Note: This thread is 3639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was going to post this in the aces discussion below, but then said screw that, I'm starting my own thread.

Notched my first hole-in-one today -- a 6-iron on a hole that was playing about 155. It banked off one of several mounds located just off the fringe and took a right turn to the cup.

It certainly wasn't a pin-seeker from the get-go, but that was nearly impossible today. The north wind was absolutely howling (from left to right on that hole). I knew I had to start the ball left and keep it fairly low, and I executed on both counts, so I figure that at least partially mitigates the rebound aspect.

I got to watch it disappear, and that was a thrill. It was way too windy to hear contact with the pin, but it appeared as if the ball was still moving at a rather brisk pace when it disappeared. I'll never know whether the fact that the pin was leaning directly away from the ball's path due to the wind was an aid or not.

Odd thing is that hole was the site of the only previous hole-in-one I'd ever witnessed, and that was in 2001 -- shortly before I began my 11-year sabbatical from the game.

It's just the second eagle I've made. The other was an 8-foot putt on a par-5 sometime in the late '90s.

Glad to get this out of the way, as I know two guys who couldn't possibly break 100 on any type of regulation course who each have one. I'd never admit to it before, but that always kind of gnawed at me.

• Upvote 1

John

Congratulations! :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats. I'm still waiting on mine.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awesome, well done!!! :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Congrats! Very special and very cool! I also love your avatar, I have 2 daughters who are still very young. I assume that is a daughter or grand-daughter. I would love it if one, or both get into golf someday.

—Adam

As per tradition you own all of us a round of drinks. I don't know that might be a few hundred people!!! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

As per tradition you own all of us a round of drinks. I don't know that might be a few hundred people!!! :-D

I'll take a cream soda.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Congrats! Very special and very cool! I also love your avatar, I have 2 daughters who are still very young. I assume that is a daughter or grand-daughter. I would love it if one, or both get into golf someday.

Yeah, that's my daughter, now 5 (born a month after my 45th birthday). She was actually riding along today, which made the whole thing even better (can't believe I didn't mention that in the initial post).

When I told her, "Daddy just got a hole-in-one," she asked, "Is that good?"

At the very next tee box she caught her first lizard, which was as big of a goal for her as making an ace was for me. It bit her before she dropped it and she was so proud that she didn't cry.

It was a big day for both of us.

John

Congratulations!!

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Wow! A hole in one, congrats must feel pretty good huh.

I have no idea, never had one been playin this damn game for 20 years now.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

One other quirky thing: That hole is by far my least-favorite of the five par-3s on my home course and easily the one I've hit the fewest times in regulation. It's also the one I've taken the most doubles and worse on.

You just never know.

John

One other quirky thing: That hole is by far my least-favorite of the five par-3s on my home course and easily the one I've hit the fewest times in regulation. It's also the one I've taken the most doubles and worse on.

You just never know.

Wait a minute, five par 3s on the course? What kind of course is it, executive or something?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Wait a minute, five par 3s on the course? What kind of course is it, executive or something?

Five par-3s, four par-5s, nine par-4s. My own math jives with that of the people who drew up the scorecards -- par equals 71.

John

Congrats on the hole in one.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Congratulations. That has to be a thrill watching it disappear.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Played many many rounds of golf, was a scratch back before my 8 year layoff...never had one!

AWESOME FOR YOU!

Taylormade SLDR 10.5

Ping Anser 4-PW

Ping Anser 52,54,60

Ping G25 3 Wood 15

Ping I20 4 Hybrid

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7

Note: This thread is 3639 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!